Traveling to London & Paris in May. I am considering a Pingo "phone card" (not really a card; just an account number) for calling back to the US on occasion just to keep in touch with my kids.
I've used Union telecard's Europe Blue card in the past, but they have no access numbers in France or the UK.
I'll only be making a dozen calls or so total, from my hotel phone (yes...I know there may be a chanrge for that.)
I have access to a global cell phone, but Sim card calling seems to cost nearly $1 per minute, whereas, even with hotel fees, a virtual card will probably run around 25 cents a minute at most.
Is Pingo reliable, easy to use, etc.?
I will appreciate all comments, suggestions, experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AMERICA ONLINE :AOL @ Password 1:844:853:3131 Reset CONTACT Tec*h 24\7..
- 2 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Which Area in London?
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 11 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 21 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 22 Transportation in Brittany
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
Has anyone ever used Pingo (phone card) in France/UK to call US?