Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever been to the island of Rand McNally

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:43 PM
carol

I was looking at my globe and noticed an island in the Atlantic of the coast of Europe called Rand McNally. Thinking it looked like a plesant place, I wanted to know if anyone has ever been there. If so, I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer to make my travel search for it easier.<BR><BR>1. Are the toliets clean and sanitary?<BR>2. Is it a good place to go for "tightwad travel"?<BR>3. What langauge do they speak there, McNallesh or something else?<BR>4. Is it best to fly into the capital Copywright?<BR>5. Can I find a good deal to there on Priceline? <BR><BR>Thanks for all your help, I promise a full trip report when I get back!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:46 PM
BeatChick

1. Yes<BR>2. Yes, the tighter the better.<BR>3. No, English. ALWAYS English!!<BR>4. You Twit, you spelled it wrong!!<BR>5. No, you can never get a good deal at Priceline.<BR><BR>I'm glad to be of some assistance!! : )

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:50 AM
dunno

I don't know about Rand McNally, but the Foreign Office has warned against travelling to San Seriffe since the coup by the Ultra Bodoni group under General Pica and the overthrow of Prime Minister Bembo. The Times are not right for Roman around especially if you are Italic or Bourgeous.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:56 AM
jen

dunno, you are so Comic, Galant and Bold - you must be a New Roman!

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:54 AM
Inky

That joke was done on the simpsons years ago.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:51 AM
guardian

It first started as an April Fool spoof in the Guardian, but it's none the worse for that.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Global

Rand McNally is a pleasant little chain of island just off the European Atlantic coast. Settled by early Roman invaders and for years was the focal point of Earth's map making. This nation is single handily responsible for the drawing of "sea serpants" on ancient European maps thereby giving many Europeans the idea that the Atlantic was full of such beast. <BR><BR>However, after the decline of the Roman Empire, the island was forgotten, and really remained that way for some time. The few citizens that stayed on the island continued in their traditional Roman ways, as they had no other communication to the outside world. This is evident today as the major language is still Latin. Most tourists to do not have a problem with the langauge system as they do with the numerical system; the island still uses Roman numerals! This is evident when you see the full title of the capital Copyright-MCMXXVII. <BR><BR>The only to the island is by boat, as they have yet to grasp technology and recognize that humans now have the ability to fly. They see airplanes as a deformed species of bird, born to the God Jupiter high atop Steel Mountain in the great land to the West. Also you will have no luck with cell phones, as the McNallish believe that if you did not lead a holy life, you will die and and be condemened for eternity inside of these "talking boxes" to yell aimlessly into the night. <BR><BR>I hope this helps your travels. Enjoy your time on the island!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 06:03 AM
tee

Ironically, I could not find a single map for that island at Barnes & Noble. I heard somewhere, though, that all of their roads are red in color.