Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone eaten at L'epi Dupin in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I saw this restaurant recommended on Conde Nast Traveler. Anyone know anything about the food? It looks like it is in the 6th arr. Also any other suggestions for good French or Italian food in the 7th or 6th for about 20-30 euros per person?
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 03:10 PM

Yes, but it was 3 years ago. It seems to get mixed reviews from Fodorites- we enjoyed it. Very small, jammed with tables, good food.

~Liz
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 03:47 PM

In the 7th, you can dine at the Bistro de Breteuil for 31 euros, including a Kir apéritif AND a full bottle of wine for two. The food is terrific, and the atmosphere is lively.
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:25 PM

We hadn't made it to L'epi Dupin although it had been on my list for several years. Each year I've read more and more negative reviews, so this year we crossed it off our list permanently -- considering the price there were so many other great places without so many negative comments.
A new favorite for me in the 6th is Aux Charpentiers on Rue Mabillon. We ate there twice for just under 80 euro for two including a nice bottle of wine and three courses each.
Another favorite on Rue de Seine right by Rue de Buci is Le Temps Perdu, which was even a little less.
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 07:32 PM

We where there two years ago. We went for the special fixed price menu for lunch (17 euros). The food was fine, but the portions were a lot smaller then expected, and yes, the tables are jammed quite close together. The restaurant is near the Bon Marché and is always full of shoppers in the afternoon, bags and all, which adds to the atmosphere. I would have to say that the experience is a bit overrated, but then again that is my personal opinion. You should always check these places out yourself if the price is right and you don't mind the crowd when you're trying to enjoy your meal. It's obvious than enough people enjoy themselves because the restaurant is still around, even though there are far better restaurants in the same neighborhood.

The following web site has a list of recommended restaurants in the same general area that you might find useful.

http://thescarletmacaw.com/restaurants_paris.htm
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 12:02 PM

I ate there a few years ago and thought it wasn't all that great. Good but not great. I may go again when I am in Paris in November but only for Lunch.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the replies. It sounds like a place to try but not necessarily go out of my way. Robert, I will check out your website rec.