Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Has anyone booked through go-today.com???? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/has-anyone-booked-through-go-today-com-199316/)

cherie Jan 24th, 2003 12:49 PM

Has anyone booked through go-today.com????

I'm trying to book a trip to London in March - get a god price and a nice hotel. Someone suggested go-today and I can get a nice hotel for a fairly good price but they won't give me any info on flights until it is booked and paid and I can't cancel if I'm not happy with the airline. Has anyone used them?Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

traveler Jan 24th, 2003 12:53 PM

have used them twice & booked on another trip. very good experience with them. it is an excellent value and you get what they advertise. go for it!

Doug Jan 24th, 2003 01:00 PM

Yes I hve used them and gotten everything I paid for.

x Jan 24th, 2003 01:07 PM

Does anyone know if they do multiple city trips (i.e., 1 week in London and 1 in Paris)? I know e-vacations.com does, but I can't seem to find a way to do it on the go-today site.

isabel Jan 24th, 2003 01:13 PM

I booked my upcoming March trip to London with them and was very happy with the process (havn't taken the actual trip yet). I was also concerned that you didn't get to see the exact carrier and flight before hand. But they do list the airlines that they use so you can a) decide if they would all be acceptable to you (they are all major carriers), and b) then check the airlines web sites to see what times their flights are. If you are going from the east coast to London virtually all flights leave between 5 and 10pm. You can ask them for a certain time period and they will most likely comply. For the price I was willing to take a few chances and I was very happy with what I got. All the paper work (e-tickets, hotel vouchers, etc) was Fed-Ex'd quickly and all in order.

anna Jan 24th, 2003 01:45 PM

I booked a trip with gotoday to Amsterdam and Paris. I did it over the phone for a $10 charge because I wanted to make sure I get non stop flights and I was also able to choose a time for returning flight. They tell you which airline it is. In my case it was Continental or US Airways. I think you can put in comments that you want an evening flight for example and they'll get back to you if it's not possible. I was going Friday after work and I wanted to make sure I didn't get a flight through Philly on US Airways which left at 2PM. Everything went smoothly, they even gave me 1st class rail tickets instead of 2nd.

jpm Jan 24th, 2003 09:11 PM

I've used them several times. They do have some two city packages that include eurostar travel between Paris and London (etc). You can also work with them to add additional days for with your flights or hotels. I've flown over, gone off on my own for a week or two, then ended my trip in London at the hotel included in the package. They are pretty flexible. It is good value for the money - sometimes you can do it cheaper on your own - sometimes their packages can't be beat.