Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Has anyone booked that Air France deal? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/has-anyone-booked-that-air-france-deal-617138/)

cantstayhome May 20th, 2006 06:54 PM

Has anyone booked that Air France deal?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I was poking around thinking about jumping in and for the Air France special. Few days in Paris, few days in maybe Amsterdam, maybe Prague, still don't know.

Anyway, there does not appear any obvious way to search by fare, like BA does. I have to pick the flight I want by schedule, then click on "show price" and then voila! I end up with a fare of $2100! Am I missing something obvious?

francophile03 May 20th, 2006 07:08 PM

You have to click on "Multiple Destinations" and enter each journey and select the flight you want. When you're finished select 'Display by fare' to get the total cost.

francophile03 May 20th, 2006 07:14 PM

Also if you did what I described and still got that high fare it could be that those days you want are higher priced.

cantstayhome May 20th, 2006 07:20 PM

Did that. Should clarify that I'm talking about the big AF sale - $438 rt from Boston to Paris, plus tack on another city for $60. I go through the process of selecting flights, then click on show price and the price I get is $2100, not $438, plus tax, plus $60.

The nice thing about BA's site is when you put in your travel dates, it allows you to view by fare, so you can see what the fare many days before and after and can therefore choose based upon price. Can't seem to find any function on AF that allows me to do that. Seems that I would have to just keep plugging in dates and hope I get lucky.

francophile03 May 20th, 2006 07:24 PM

That's the same fare promotion I'm referring to also. I got a higher fare once as well. When I changed my dates by one day earlier the special fare showed up. Obviously the same thing is occuring with your dates.

cantstayhome May 20th, 2006 07:25 PM

Thanks! Glad to know that I'm not just missing something obvious.

francophile03 May 20th, 2006 07:31 PM

No, you're processing the fare selection correctly. But if you check one day from the other the fare may be much higher. Yes, it is hit and miss and for sure it is a pain I agree. AF should make it easier and quicker to select fares.

AGM_Cape_Cod May 21st, 2006 11:41 AM

I have been trying to book this sale for a week. I am going to have to book by phone (of course they don't accept phone reservations on the weekend). Since our dates are right at the end of the sale the website won't accept them. You would think that if you have a promotion that goes to March 31,2007 then your website should book until that date. Thanks for letting me vent.

ParadiseLost May 21st, 2006 12:11 PM

If you book this from Boston watch your carry-on weight and size.

Last month after my Logan BA check-in I was sitting by AF's check-in and they were checking *all* the carry-on bags. Regards, Walter

AGM_Cape_Cod May 21st, 2006 02:33 PM

Our carry-ons for the Boston to CDG leg aren't problem. It is the CDG to Boston leg where we get into trouble.