When we were checking out B&Bs in Venice (and we found a cute one that had great reviews from Trip Advisor -- Locanda Ca' San Marcuola -- has anyone stayed there,by the way?) ,one of the other B&Bs that I contacted told me that there was no space because of the Vogalonga. As I did not know what that was so I looked it up and it seems awesome -- a huge boat regatta that takes place during the weekend that we will be in Venice at the beginning of June.
I looked at some photos and it looked as if there were a zillion boats in the canal and surrounding waters. We have a boat and my husband is a sailing fanatic ,so he is very excited. I'm looking forward to seeing this too but I'm wondering how this will affect the water taxis and vaporetto service.
Any advice or experience please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7vs
- 2 Wierd Europe map
- 3 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 4 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 7 Transportation in Brittany
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Paris Apartment
- 12 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 13 Milan airport--which one
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Visit to France
- 18 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 family trip to Germany and more
- 22 Trains - website?
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help