Happy House Rentals

Search

Happy House Rentals

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy House Rentals

Anyone rented and apartment from them? They have some nice looking ones but it is always good to get feedback from anyone who has dealt with them. It is a well done web site, by the way.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 08:12 PM
rex

The place to make your correction - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34593587 - - is here, where it is connected to the omission. It makes no sense, posted separately.

===================================

Author: auleen
Date: 03/29/2005, 11:27 pm

=========================

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 03:07 AM

I have rented an apartment through happy house rentals in Prague. More accurately, a company I was working with made the arrangements through HH rentals (Petr, I think it was). I dealt with HH directly for keys, etc. They were great and I had no problem with the apartment or the agency. The company that I was working with is a major local Czech bank so the fact that they choose to deal with HH rentals for all their says a lot about them as a rental agency I would think. The flat was in the Karlin district which I enjoyed for its convenience to the city centre and its more neighbourhoody feel.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 05:03 AM
rex

Since you indicated that you do not understand "click on your own name" - - for your bvenefit and that of any other newcomers - - let me see if I can make it clearer (it seems so clear in those four words, though!)

Assuming that you have logged in, when visiting here, at the top, near the upper lefthand corner, you will see

Welcome: and then your "name" ("screen name&quot - - notice that it is underlined (and probably in blue, or red, or some color). That is a universal internet indicator that this word (in this case, your name) is a "link" - - you can CLICK ON IT, and it will redirect your browser to a different web page.

I won't try to explain what that "other web page" is... just try it - - it retrieves every previous post you have ever made, and lists them (and only them) in chronological order in the left hand column.

I consider it shameful that Fodors does not explain this simple thing - - not in the "FAQ" (accessible by clicking on the little red HELP - - teeny tiny letter - - also in the general upper lefthand corner, no rin the confirmation e-mail when you first register here.

There is also no reason that they couldn't/shouldn't send you another e-mail reminding you of this, the first time when you ever post a message here (yes, the computer can readily track that it is your first time ever to post).
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Rex, thank you very much for the much needed tutorial in "netiquete" and posting. Your posts are always informative and to the point; I appreciate that very much. There is still a lot I do not understand, like "topping", but will probably figure it out soon.
Walkinaround: I am very grateful for your response about Happy House. It has put my mind at ease about the company, previously unknown to me. I have dibs on two apts. and am waiting to see which one I will be renting. Yay! Now on to the Czech and Hungarian countryside research,then an apartment and sites in Budapest. Such fun!
Auleen
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:44 PM
rex

"topping" refers to adding any message - - no matter how incomsequential - - even one letter will do... it adds a "reply" to a "thread" and makes it the "newest" thread to have a reply. Thus, it is placed at the top of the messages in the lefthand column. It gives that message increased visibility, especially, if that message is no longer in the "most recent 50" (also known as "on the first page&quot.

This reply "tops" this message - - as does every reply added to every message. But it only "lasts" for a matter of an hour or a few...

All posts ultimately drift towards the "bottom" (it's now way over 100,000 messages deep, going back to 1996).
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 06:57 AM

actually, i have just made a booking for a flat w/ happy house rentals for mid may. i booked room id 4417 for 1800CZK/night for 2 people. the price was great and i also dealt w/ petr. nice guy. actually i read this thread:
http://forum.virtualtourist.com/disc...iscussion.html

and if you're curious to know what petr looks like:
http://www.happyhouserentals.com/bios.php

i also looked around to know if happy house was legite. and i found that some schools recommend them for their study-abroad students to find a place when going to prague.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 02:15 PM

u was about 2 hours late (about 11 pm) arriving at the flat on my first day in prague (flight delay). Petr was still there waiting for me with the keys to the flat. Gave me full explanations of everything (in english) and was available when i had questions.

The owner or manager of the building of flats spoke only italian so communications were difficult at times but it was fun.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 03:41 PM

thx walkinaround. good info. happy house rentals seem to be a large company. they even are in home sales not just rentals.