A very long overdue update on our trip to Germany/ Austria/ Switzerland/Italy last May and June. Right now I will just post photos, I'll update with details later. I hope you enjoy the photos!
A year ago this very week I had put in an order for a new BMW convertible (Hannah Belle) and I took delivery in Munich in late May. I took my Mom with me on the trip.
Here are some photos from our 16 night adventure. The very last set below is the "best of" so if you cannot stomach going through all the different sets, just click on the last one and there are roughly 120 photos in it.
We started and ended in Munich:
After the delivery, we headed straight to Austria. An overnight in Zell am See and then the Grossglockner drive, visiting Heiligenblut along the way.
After that, three nights in the Dolomites at a beautiful hotel above Ortisei - the Uhrerhof Deur.
We had intended to spend 3-4 nights total in Switzerland, but as it turned out we only spent one night - on the way to Lake Como. I was a little bummed as I really wanted to go back to the Berner Oberland (and especially that my Mom see it) but it would have been miserable.
We ended up spending 6 nights on Lake Como instead of the planned four nights. A cold and rainy front stalled over the Alps so we decided to stay put. We saw a lot of villas and went for a seaplane ride.
We made it to Milan for one day during the stay on Lake Como.
And here are the "best of" if you'd rather pare down your viewing time.
A very long overdue thank you to Hausfrau, PJA, Steve James, Ingo, Schuler, Gruezi, and no doubt other folks I'm going to be embarrassed I left out - so a huge thank you to everyone who gave me tips on our Ultimate Road Trip experience.
Can you guess why I named her Hannah Belle? (should be pretty easy...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Champagne Tours
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 8 10 Days in Austria
- 9 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 16 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 17 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 18 Greece in end October
- 19 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 24 Favorite London memories
- 25 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip