Search

haircut in rome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haircut in rome

can someone recommend a salon in Rome to get a haircut? I want to get my haircut in Rome, (i'm from colorado)will be there in October. thanks
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 09:38 PM

Hello dollie... Getting your hair cut in Italy can be an adventure. I have gone from Rome to Milan via Florence in search of a great cut. After years of disappointment, I finally found a great salon 10 minutes outside of down town Florence. Just know in advance that when you go to a salon in Italy every product and service you receive will be on your bill, i.e. Shampoo, balsamo (conditioner) Taglio (cut) Brooshing (blowdrying) Lacca (hairspray). Keep in mind that all these things will be added in addition to the price of the cut. If you are used to paying $60.00 - $80.00 in the USA - brace yourself. That said, it could turn out to be thrilling. Nothing like the feeling of a good hair day in Rome!
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 01:16 AM
Maira

I got a great haircut in a hair salon located next to the Hotel Genio on Via Zanardelli, about a couple of blocks from Piazza Navona. The stylist was very pleasant and help me to pick a style (cut from shoulder length to short style) and the products. It wasn't outrageously expensive; I bought a hair product and the whole bill came to about $60.

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

thanks from you both. It is good to know that they charge for each thing, that would have surprised me. A couple of years ago I was in Montreal at the Fairmont. I went in to get a manicure/pedicure and a haircut. The stylist did hair 3 days a week and was a pyschiatrist the rest of the time. She cut my hair then put a streak of color in it and it made me look 10 yrs younger. It looked great, I spent about $200 but it was worth it. I have looked in Boulder and no one has been able to do what she did. Italy is the place for fashion so I bet they look great, so I will try the place Maira tried. Thanks to you both.
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
A bit off subject but I think this kind of thing is a fantastic way to get more into the real local culture. I haven't tried a haircut yet, but have had manicures & pedicures, and taken aerobics classes in several countries & several languages! Great way to connect.
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:26 AM
dln

Thanks for the haircut question, dollie. Sometimes I get my hair cut in faraway places just as a "souvenir." One of the best places I've had my hair done was in Montreal. We're off to Rome next week, and unless my hair drives me really crazy in the interim, I'm aiming for a Roman cut!

Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:28 AM
dln

Mean "next month." My hair won't grow that fast in a week!

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:10 PM

I went to a salon in Roma called femme Sistina which is on via Sistina sorta close to the Spanish Steps. It was my last full day there and I had money so I totally splurged and had my hair shampooed, cut, highlighted and styled. I never ever had highlighted hair but 2 hours later I emerged and everything felt so 'Italian'! The whole thing cost about 150 euro - I know it's high but I had the money to blow. The hairstylist spoke no English so the owner was there to interpret. I told her 'make me beautiful' and she cupped my face and said, 'my dear, you ARE beautiful'. I just love her! The hair stylist, Alesandra, is so beautiful, and very talented. Suffice it to say that when the tour group saw me later that night they were pleasantly surprised. It was fun and I'd do it again.