Haircut in Paris

Search

Haircut in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haircut in Paris

I'd like to get a haircut while I'm visiting Paris. Does anyone have any idea about how much a haircut costs (short hair)? Can anyone recommend any good places? I'm looking for something moderately priced...
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 06:12 PM

Do you speak French? I do, and even so, the one time I had a haircut in Paris (at a pretty upscale place), it was my worst hair nightmare ever. The stylist just did what HE wanted to do, and I was so unrecognizable when it was over that when I arrived back in the USA, my then husband and my kids walked right past me without recognizing me. Had a similar experience getting my son a haircut in the Dordogne one summer.

I'm sure plenty of folks have had good experiences, but getting haircuts in France is nixed off my list of things to do there until I live there and have to.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 06:28 PM

Maybe others have had good experiences getting a haircut in Europe, but all three times I've had to have it done, it was bad. I wear my hair very short, and it's very fine and limp, so I have it cut every month. I really needed a haircut each time, and each time it was bad bad bad.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM

One of my best (and most complimented after I came home) was done in Zurich by someone who just happened to be available in the salon I visited. It was a spur of the moment decision to get my hair cut. I've had haircuts all over the world (on 4 continents) and have yet to be REALLY upset except for a horrible cut in Santa Monica California!!

I had a perm (one of my last, as I stopped getting them some 10 years ago) in Stuttgart Germany. I don't speak German. The hairdresser did not speak English. I saw a lady at the shampoo bowl w/perm rods, and indicated that I wanted that. I walked out some time later, quite pleased. The perm was about $100... which was more than I usually paid at home in small town Midwest USA.

I've been to Paris a couple of times, but no haircuts. Sorry I can't recommend anyone there.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I take my mother to get her hair done in Paris for 19€. When her hair is cut as well, it is 10€ extra.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 11:21 PM

$100 for a haircut - unbelievable. I pay less than $1.00 here in Laos.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 02:02 AM

A perm is not just a haircut.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 02:46 AM

"The stylist just did what HE wanted to do"

when have they not?????? it was getting YOU to THINK it was YOUR idea that was the accomplishment..always is.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 04:39 AM

When you next have your hair done at home get a photograph taken and then you can show the hair stylist what you want. In Italy I saw a new style in a magazine and the stylist copied it exactly. Look up the words for the finish you want and the products you normally use on your hair. I noticed in Paris that some of the chains have a photograph of the current fashionable style in the window, so if you liked it you could choose that.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 06:11 AM

The price of a haircut varies vastly in Paris from pretty cheap to astronomical, as in most cities. You can go to a cheap small shop in an outer neighborhood and get it for 20 euro, but what's the point of this, really? YOu could always go to one of the salons in the big dept stores, they can't be terrible and are used to dealing with foreigners -- like Galeries Lafayette or Printemps. I don't know what they charge, I imagine if it's like Saks in NY, etc., it might be considered moderate by some standards and expensive by others.