Reload this Page >

Hair salons in paris

Search

Hair salons in paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 04:56 AM
adele

Hair salons in paris

I will be in Paris next week for a few days and am considering having my hair cut there.....This could be either one of the most adventurous or disastrous things I've done, depending on the outcome. Has anyone been to a hair salon in Paris before, or know of someone who could give me a recommendation? <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 05:50 AM
joelle

Interesting question : my hair has been subject to French hairdressers for many, many years and they tend to resist. What I would suggest is to try a decent place (not a chain, for instance, since there are many of them in Paris). However I think that global cost for hair dressing is more expensive in Paris than it is in the US. Just e-mail me at [email protected], so we may discuss hairdressing details. <BR>

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 08:41 AM
Meg

I had a drastic cut in Paris. I decided before we went that my brown shoulder length hair would turn into my souvenir from Paris. I had them cut it very short and color it red. WOW! It was an experience. I did adjust to the new cut and everyone back home just loved it. I can't think of the place where I had it done - it's just off the Square from La Madeliene and Fauchon. Let me try to find my journal and my guidebook and I'll e-mail you.

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 08:48 AM
Lori

Adele, <BR>This last time in Paris (April) I felt my hair needed trimming (altho my husband said it looked fine) so on the spur of the moment while in Au Pritemps shopping I went into the hair salon and asked if anyone could trim it for me then and there. Even tho I speak enough French to get by and my husband is French I was lucky enough to get "Eric" to cut my hair and Eric spoke wonderful English. Along with a nice trim we had a great time talking about LA, Miami, Chicago and London. I think it cost about $45 (plus tip of course), but what the heck, they were busy and Eric fit me in and I had a good time. Truthfully it was a fun experience and one I enjoyed as much as seeing the sights!

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 08:53 AM
Lori

That's Au Printemps - sorry I'm having trouble typing this a.m.! Incidentally, Galleries Lafayette also has a hair salon. This could be an interesting thread - anybody out there have your hair done anyplace else??? I had mine cut in Honolulu once but that may not count on a Europe forum.

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 12:36 PM
Meg

The place I went is Harlow, 3 rue de Seze in the 9th arr. If you'd like to call for an appointment, their number is 01 47 42 40 67. I found them in the Gayot's Best of Paris. The entry on Harlow in the book said they cater to women who want a good haircut that doesn't require elaborate upkeep and that coloring is a specialty (especially in red and auburn tones). The book also lists about 10 other salons, so you may want to get a current copy (mine is a few years old). I think it cost me about US$100 for a cut and color. Good luck and have fun.