Hadrain's Villa Direct COTRAL Bus From Ponte Mammolo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7 or 8 yrs ago I took the Metro to the Rebibbia Station and the COTRAL bus to Tivoli.

From Tivoli I took the little yellow bus (#4x IIRC) to Hadrain's Villa.

And later the COTRAL bus from the Villa back to the Rebibbia Station.

This May I want to go directly to Hadrain's Villa. I know I want to catch the bus outside the Ponte Mammolo Metro Station.

My questions are;
 What does the bus's front sign read? I believe? it also goes to Tivoli so I'm assuming something like 'TIVOLI via xyz' or 'TIVOLI/xyz?

'Blue Guide Rome' says "There is also a bus (c every hour) from Ponte Mammolo (along the Via Prenestina) which has a stop outside the entrance of Hadrain's Villa". So I'm wondering if 'Via Prenestina' is on the bus's sign?

Are the bus stops signposted outside the Metro Station? If so I assume just find the one that lists 'Villa Adriano' as one of its stops?

Tickets; I assume a Tabacchi/Newstand inside or outside the metro station? Or a ticket vending machine?

I know the *direct* Tivoli buses pass by the street that the Villa is on and the stop is called 'Stabilimento Pirelli' (800m from the Villa).
  Does anybody know of any landmarks I'd see before the stop so I could push the button to signal the driver?
  I missed it when I went out there before and went to Tivoli and backtracked on the 4x bus.
Regards, Walter
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM

Hey Walter,

I topped the old post for you. Steve James may have updated info.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 01:47 PM

ParadiseLost -

I went to Tivoli last December. On the way there, we took the direct bus from P. Mammmolo.

Now, on the way back, the first bus that came says "Roma-Tivoli via Prenestina" or something like that. At first I was surprised that it took that left turn after coming down the hill from Tivoli, but then realized that this is the bus that goes near Hadrian's Villa. [Since that was already late in the afternoon, we had no plans to visiting there.] Like what's described in the other post, this bus later on gets on the motorway for a few kilometers, before rejoining the main road back to P. Mammolo.

So, basically, I think it's safe to say that from P. Mammolo, you want to get on the bus that says "Via Prenestina'.

The bus terminal is on top of the P. Mammolo subway station. Take escalators all the way to the top. There are ticket machines there.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Dayle, Thanks for that Top, the website on it was helpful.

rkkwan, Thanks, between you and the guidebook it does sound like that is the bus I'll need (via Prenestina). Regards, Walter