Hôtel Regent's, rue Madame, Paris

Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Hôtel Regent's, rue Madame, Paris

Has anyone on this board stayed at this small ** hotel? The location is fine (6th Arr., near St-Sulpice) and the price is right, but I'd like to have your comments before booking.
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:53 PM

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times in past 10 years or so and have never been disappointed. Great located near St. Sulpice, Luxembourg Gardens, St. Germain, etc. Enjoy.
Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:13 PM

Hello!
I've never gone to the hotel Regent's but I can advise you the hotel Saint Dominique, a ** hotel, well located and clean. They have a website on which you can book a room: http://www.saintdominique.com/index.html
Have a good trip in Paris!
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:13 AM
ira

Hi Ginny,

Nice place, but note that it does not list AC as one of the amenities.
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:55 AM

Hi. I stayed there three years ago and was very satisfied. It was recently renovated and very clean. Our room was small but others were bigger, and it was compensated by a big bathroom with a window, and two big windows in the room ( we were in the front). The location was superb. Note, though, that besides not having an airconditioner ( only a problem in the summer), it did not have a minibar, which would have been useful for storing goodies at the local shops.
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:18 AM
blh

Is there a website for Hotel Regent?
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:41 AM

Hi.
Yes, you can find it on :
www.france-hotel-guide.com.
Note the name, though, it is Regent's hotel, not Hotel Regent, which is a much classier and more expensive left bank hotel.
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your comments. This hotel is never mentioned on this board and yet it seems to be a fine, well-located, 2-star hotel. The lack of AC would be a concern if I wasn't planning to go in February.
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:27 AM
ira

Sounds like you've found a nice place.
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:29 AM

It was one of the hotels mentioned in the National Geographic article a few years back-- I forget the title of the article, but it was charming Paris hotels under $100/night. I booked there, but never stayed because I had to cancel. The NG article had very nice things to say about it.
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:33 AM

I topped a post that has a link to the article.
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:44 AM

Actually, there is a poster named Randy, who also posts on this board and frequently recommends this hotel. It was also recommended by Frommers in one of his magazines ( small wonder hotels of Paris?). It is also in Fodor\Rivages's charming hotel guides. None of these recommendations existed when I went there (although I found it in older more obscure guides), so I had been anxious about it, but it turned out to be just fine, even though my room was smaller than a lot of the others. It is not an outstanding hotel, but it is so close to the Luxembourg Gardens, and so close to many arrondissements (7th, 5th, 14th),that it is, in myo, worthwhile (if you look at a map of Paris, it is right in the middle of it) .I just hope that it has maintained its freshness and cleanliness.
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:06 AM

Does this hotel have an elevator and do the rooms actually look like the rooms on the web page?
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:50 AM

Yes, the hotel has an elevator.
As for the pictures, the phtography is poor. Although I recognize the decoration, a lot of the rooms that I peeped into looked a bit more elegant than appears from these shots. My room, though, was one of the least attractive.