Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Gutshof zum Schluxen/Should we stay there

Jan 19th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at Gutshof Zum Schluxen recently. We are thinking of booking a room there in May for 2 nights.
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:47 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!(Reutte, Austria) We stayed there 2 summers ago. The Inn keeper is fantastic, he is helpful with directions, suggestions, etc...
the rooms are comfortable, updated ( we were in a family room w/ 2 kids)if it important they have cable tv with movies.
The restaurant is terrific.
In the morning we were awaked by the sound of cow bells. I am sure you are aware that you will need to have a car as it is definitley off the beaten path.
Somewhat close to Neuschawnstein Castle.
I would go back in a second. There are wlking paths in the mountains, very pleasnat experience. The price was good too. Need cash, no creidt cards accepted.
Go for it, have fun. I am envious.
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:44 PM

Another endorsement for the Gutshof Zum Schluxen. Great experience. Also in late May, you can go for a glider ride from the airport in Hofen (across the river from Reutte). Cheap, too.

Regards,

Jinx Hoover
Jan 20th, 2004, 02:54 PM

curious if anyone has stayed here recently?
Jan 30th, 2004, 05:48 AM
miahermann

Gutshof Zum Schluxen is a great place to stay. It's actually in Pinswang, Austria about 4 miles south of the Germany/Austria border about a 10 minute drive from Reutte. My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights in September of 2003 and had a great stay. We made our reservation re: www.schluxen.com ... and they do take credit cards.. we paid by Visa. The rooms and bathrooms are large, the resturant has great local dishes, have internet access, have a HUGE breakfast buffet and the staff is very helpful.The front desk was nice enough to call our next pension in Konigssee to reconfirm our reservations. All three castles and sites are very close (but we had a car)so we drove the "loop"... visiting Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein, Wieskirche, Oberammergau, Linderhof, Reutte and back to G.Z.S. I would recommend reservations because this is a BIG Rick Steves tour stop over... had one bus on the first night there and they were expecting one on the day we left. Loved this place and would return again..... have fun.