Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Guided Tours With More Doing Than Seeing?
Notices

Guided Tours With More Doing Than Seeing?

Feb 26th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Guided Tours With More Doing Than Seeing?

My husband and I are 20-somethings looking to tour Italy and Greece. We both love the idea of a guided tour because it takes so much stress out of a vacation. But a lot of the tour companies I've looked at seem to be ALL about just seeing the sights with very little active activities. We want to spend more time DOING things than just seeing beautiful sights. We enjoy some sightseeing, but not for a whole trip. Some examples of things we would be interested in doing: food tastings, sea kayaking, hiking, etc. More active things than just riding around on a bus and getting out to take pictures. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tour company that would suit our needs? I love the Adventures by Disney itineraries, but we just can't afford $5k+ per person.
Feb 26th, 2015, 09:05 AM

Try contacting a travel agency in Athens that specializes in organizing itineraries based on your personal wants/needs. Check with Fantasy Travel and Dolphin-Hellas travel. Both are very reliable and highly-respected travel consultants. Both have websites. If you're going to use a service such as this it's a good idea to use someone "local" so help is only a phone call away instead of thousands of miles distant.

Search this Thread