GTG in Dordogne in August?

Old Apr 12th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTG in Dordogne in August?

OK, I'm headed back to St-Cirq this August for 2-3 weeks with an eclectic group, to say the least. My two college-aged kids (one daughter, one son), my former BIL " and his three kids (two college-aged, one high school), my SO and his two kids (both still in HS), and maybe a friend or two and possibly my insanely wonderful sister...who's likely to bring an insanely wonderful friend or two.

Will be in St-Cirq (about 20 miles from Sarlat) approximately August 4-20.

Anyone going to be in the Dordogne at that time and interested in a Fodorite GTG? I'm happy to host at " la maison." There's plenty of room for a crowd, a small pool, a ping pong table, a good CD player, and we all love to cook, so if anyone thinks they might be able to handle a pretty disparate but fun-loving group, let me know.

Am I insane? Oh, never mind, I already know the answer.

I can help with travel plans, if that makes a difference. I realize this is different from meeting up in, say, New York or DC.
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM

Oh my, what I'd do to join you, you don't know what a help you were in our trip 2 years ago, and how I enjoy reading your posts. We loved the Dordogne, and would love to join you, though still saving our pennies for the next trip. Please have another one in a few years, and we'll be there!!! annie
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM

Just saw this post---I would love to have a get together with you and your group! It would have been great! Please consider doing it again next summer when we might actually be there--although more likely in June!
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Believe me, wren, I wish I'd been able to go in June, but it's August or nothing this year. Not that I'm complaining.............

Next year in June I hope...and maybe a brief trip in early spring as well.
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Oh how I wish, although I should not complain. Scotland is calling my name this September.

I will take a rain check for 2009, G-d willing.

Anna Roz
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 12:08 AM

Be happy you were not in the Dordogne in June. It rained or threatened all month long--at least the first three weeks, with a few days here and there with no precipitation. We never took our outdoor furniture out, had to use a space heater a few days, and I barely got the grass mowed. But there was an abundance of peas from the local gardener.