Notices

Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen

Dec 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen

Me and three other persons ´d like to visit Frankfurt KaiserDom / Hauptwatch / Sachsenhausen. I´m going to park near the hotel (ibis zentrum) and take the u-bahn to altstadt. I think that Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen is the best and cheapest way, but i wasn ´t able to find detailed informations how to buy it.

I ´ve found a site ( http://www.vgf-ffm.de/en/tickets-and...group-tickets/) that advice (for Frankfurt select the “Gruppentageskarte inkl. Flughafen” quick-selection button)

Is this really the correct option?
Dec 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM

mariobraj

if you go to the page you've found and hit Timetables and tickets, and then hit the "fares" button on the left hand menu, and then select the fares table pdf, you'll find that single tickets are €2.60 one way ie €5.20 for a return trip, or €1.60 each way for a Kurzstrecke which are short trips, the qualifying trips being shown at each stop.

Therefore, even if your journey qualifies as a Kurzstrecke, assuming you want to use public transport each way, the Gruppentageskarte at €9.50 is going to be a bargain.

that page tells you that you can buy the ticket from the automatic ticket dispenser [selecting the Frankfurt button, or from a manned ticket office.

I suggest printing off the page before you leave home so that you know what to do.

Gute Reise!

Search this Thread