Best area to stay in Costa del Sol

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to decide where to stay for 2 nights in the Costa del Sol area. Is Nerja a good location? Or Malaga? This will be a stop for 2 nights on our way from Seville to Granada.
Thanks!
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 09:30 AM

Puerto Banus is along from Malaga. Worth a visit if only to gawp at the enormous yachts! The Rodeo Drive of the Med with regard to shopping.

San Pedro de Alcantara is a bit more unspoilt.

But the mountain town of Ronda, which straddles a (120m) deep gorge, is spectacular. Just type "Ronda" into google, and you get all sorts of info about the town, accommodation, etc.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Ian

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed in Nerja in June. It is at the eastern end of the condo frenzy that has struck the Costa del Sol. Smaller, with fewer high rises etc, we really enjoyed it. A really nice 2 hr drive from Granada. When we drove by Malaga on the way from Sevilla, I was glad we didsn't stay there.

For a hotel, Paraiso del Mar is a great small villa on the bluff above the beach, beside the Parador. A 10 minute walk to the restaurant area, we loved it. See my trip report for further info.

ian
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 06:56 PM

You don't mention if you're driving or taking public transport. That would make a difference. While I agree with Ian--Nerja is really nice and is away from the major touristy areas, without a car, it might not be the best place to stay. However, with a car, Malaga would be tough--it's a realy cith. I love the Museo Picasso and the palace in Malaga, but the city itself would be difficult with a car and isn't as nice as Nerja.