Grosetto to Cinque Terre

Nov 10th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Grosetto to Cinque Terre

We are looking at a villa near Grosetto and wonder if it is possible to drive or take a train to walk the Cinque Terre villages in one day. Is this doable in one day or would we need overnight accommodation at the CT. Thanks for any input you can provide.
Phyllis
Nov 10th, 2005, 08:52 AM

This isn't easy at all. Check trenitalia.com for train connections; they look awful. It could take around three hours to get there. I also did mappy.com for driving directions and it seems that 3 hours is about the time it will take.

Much nearer to Grosseto are fine day trips and hikes. Massa Marittima is a great outing, and I have heard, but not seen, that the peninsula where Orbetello is located is lovely. 6 hours getting to and from the CT seems like a waste of time to me. You would need overnight accomodations, but I really want to say that it seems to me that a lot of people overlook wonderful towns and scenery in Italy in order to get to the CT.
Nov 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your response. I will definitely check into some of the areas which you have mentioned and perhaps discover some 'hidden gems'.
Nov 10th, 2005, 09:42 AM

Oh Phyllis, please do. You will find that there are gorgeous things to see and do very near you.

Search this Thread