Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Greetings of the Season... (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/greetings-of-the-season-35623/)

Neal Sanders Dec 17th, 1998 07:14 AM

Greetings of the Season...

Seasons Greetings... <BR>To Wes Fowler, who should bear the title of Master Interlocutor of the Fodors Forum for his knack of asking the questions that will elicit a steady stream of heartfelt anecdotes; <BR>To Sally Fowler, who claims to be no relation, but whose unfailing knack for producing the right illustrative story suggests that the Fowler name and sound travel wisdom are inextricably linked; <BR>To Ilisa, whose detailed knowledge of the nation's capital never ceases to amaze; <BR>To Monica, whose advice on Europe is always to the point and accurate; <BR>To Lanny Morry, whose eloquent responses on Canada and France cause me to think poorly of Fodors' decision to segregate our neighbor to the north into a separate forum; <BR>To Lee Simmons, who will become independently wealthy should he write his own guidebook to Germany; <BR>To Donna (djkbooks), who knows Paris and Boston like the back of her hand (and whom I worry about because she seems to share that knowledge at 1:30 a.m.); <BR>To Kam and Kathryn Lewark, whose encyclopedic knowledge of the good life in the San Francisco Bay area (as well as large swatches of Europe) ought to be a motivation to travelers everywhere to raise their sights; <BR>To Al Clem, a.k.a. Arizona a.k.a. Aurora a.k.a. the Bard of Sedona, whose maturity of wisdom and indefatigable sense of humor should be an inspiration to all that age and enjoyment of travel have little to do with one another; <BR>And to all the other regular contributors who provide enlightenment, no-beating-around-the-bush travel commentary, and a general wealth of good advice to those seeking information; making this the most enjoyable of web sites. <BR> <BR>

Lee Dec 17th, 1998 10:03 AM

Neal: Thank you for the good wishes and the kind words. <BR> <BR>It has been a fun year visiting this web site and "conversing" with all of you. It is certainly enjoyable and informative. <BR> <BR>I'd like to wish you and yours and everyone else who stops by, a great holiday season and the very best for the coming year! <BR>

anne Dec 17th, 1998 10:38 AM

I feel like I've found a great group of new friends who enjoy seeing the world as much as I do! Many happy travels to us all in 1999! <BR>

dan Dec 17th, 1998 11:02 AM

I would like to add my own holiday greetings to all the fodors community. I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing my own love of travel with many of you over the past year. My wife and I are expecting our first child (a girl) in three months, so I probably won't be getting to Europe next year, but I will try to live vicariously through this site the best I can until the next trip. Gute Reise and Bon Voyage to all and to all a Guten Tag and a Bonjour.

gina Dec 17th, 1998 01:17 PM

Hear Hear!!! <BR> <BR>I too would like to add my thanks. I really enjoy this forum. It is the next best thing to actually being in Europe. It's nice to see so many people really trying to help each other out. The best to everyone! <BR>

Cheryl Z. Dec 17th, 1998 03:02 PM

<BR>Have to agree with Gina - this forum IS the next best thing to being in Europe! Merry Christmas to all of you too.

Maira Dec 17th, 1998 03:13 PM

H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S!!!! <BR> <BR>First and foremost: Fodor's Staff: Thanks for a very enjoyable ride! <BR> <BR>Thanks for providing a site that's the web version of the CHEERS bar; where everybody knows your name... <BR> <BR>To all fodorites; thanks for all the amazing advice, the laughs, and for bringing back the memories! <BR> <BR>All of God's blessings in this new year, a very happy and safe holiday season!!!

Wes Fowler Dec 17th, 1998 07:00 PM

Thank you Neal for the kind words (and brace yourself for the question currently brewing in my mind!) <BR> <BR>My New Year's wishes for my Fodor friends include a favorable currency exchange rate, short lines at the Uffizi Gallery, a Paris Metro system unharried by striking workers, no lost luggage, cloudless days in the Bernese Oberland, the miraculous ability to decipher a German restaurant's menu, Fina and Elf engaged in a gasoline price war, effortless frequent flier upgrades, tolerant US Customs officials and untold opportunities to be enthralled and captivated by the adventures and delights of European travel. <BR> <BR>Seasons greetings and best wishes to all! <BR> <BR>Wes Fowler <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Claudette Dec 18th, 1998 08:50 AM

And a special 'greeting of the season' to the Fodors web staff who make this special corner of the 'net possible (and who probably think we're weird)!

s.fowler Dec 18th, 1998 09:41 AM

Wow! *blush* I am honored that my comments have been perceived as helpful... And Wes... your list of wishes would be hilarious, if they weren't so true. Wouldn't you know that the Louvre was closed by a "strike action" the afternoon we decided to go. It could have been worse... it could have been the Metro! So we went shopping instead. [The tree at Galeries LaFayette was *spectacular*!] <BR>A VERY B-I-G thanks to Fodors who have been heroic in their efforts to improve and stabilize the site. <BR>But the biggest thanks go to ALL of you who have asked your questions and shared so generously of your experiences. <BR>Here's to a year of sucessful travel, whether actual or armchair! <BR>

Yvonne Dec 18th, 1998 12:19 PM

Traveling through this forum is such a delight. Happiest of holidays to all. Thanks

Neal Sanders Dec 23rd, 1998 05:32 AM

Sending to the top in hopes of generating a few additions (and to push down the "boycott" message). <BR> <BR>I left out Ray Seva in my original post. Ray created the World's Longest Thread with his "sloppy Americans" musing and, in the process, provided a summer's worth of thoughtful entertainment. Where ever he is now, best wishes of the season. <BR>

Monica Dec 23rd, 1998 06:33 AM

How I missed this one until now, I just don't know. <BR> <BR>Neal, thanks for your kind comments to me and everyone else! I've enjoyed everyone here at this GREAT travel web site. <BR> <BR>I look forward to a great new year with all of you and look forward to all the future information we will share with each other. <BR> <BR>Everyone, have a safe and happy holiday season! <BR> <BR>Monica

Fodor's New Media Dec 23rd, 1998 06:48 AM

Many thanks to all for participating in such a wonderful community. You've not only created an incredibly useful bulletin board for travelers around the world, but you've managed to make our work life immensely more enjoyable in the process! <BR> <BR>All the best in 1999, <BR> <BR>Fodor's New Media Staff

elaine Dec 23rd, 1998 11:16 AM

<BR>I hope it's not too late to add my thanks to Fodor's for sponsoring this best of travel fora (and possibly the best forum of any kind). <BR>And to all the questioners and answerers, thanks for provoking <BR>and providing great information! <BR>elaine

Al Clem Dec 24th, 1998 05:43 AM

About a year ago, my wife and I (much to my skepticism) went on the Internet. Out here at the ranch, things get a bit tedious in the winter. Little did we realize how this electronic box would connect us to a much bigger and more interesting world...and to all you, our dear friends and critics. Now in our 70s, we feel much more "connected" -- and for this, we are most grateful to all of you. Friends and family, scattered from Arizona to New Zealand, come bounding into our back room on a daily basis, bearing news in hand, and with gossip without end. A most joyous Season to All...and to All, a Good Night! Please do visit us (electronically) in the coming New Year.

lynne Dec 24th, 1998 07:08 PM

<BR>Happy Holidays to everyone!! Thanks for the wonderful reading and dreaming!

Diane Dec 25th, 1998 10:18 AM

Happy Holidays and to a wonderful new year for all. I've been so pleased to find these forums. For several years I used and enjoyed CompuServe's travel forums. But with a single price, unlimited internet supplier, found that the extra expense just wasn't a good buy anymore. You've filled a void in my online world. Thank you all... and to all a good night!

Eileen Dec 26th, 1998 12:05 AM

To everyone at Fodors and to all who have devoted their time in answering my numerous questions regarding Paris hotels, Stroopwafels from Belgium, and shopping in Frankfurt.......Thank you very much. Merci beaucoup. Danke Schon. Grazie Mille. <BR>Wishing all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!! <BR>

Ismael Libanio Dec 26th, 1998 11:49 AM

Here from Brazil, I'd like to send my best Season's Greetings and a very Happy New Year to all participants of Fodor's Europe Forum and the Fodor's staff. <BR>Everyday, before reading my e.mails I go to the Europe Forum for many moments of delightful entertainment and good advice. <BR>Ismael