Please help with hotels in Seville

Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with hotels in Seville

Hi all. I'm almost finished planning our 3 week trip to southern Spain and I'd love some input on hotels in Seville. For some reason I'm having trouble making a final decision-does anyone else have trouble with that??
After reading lots of reviews and guide books here are the final candidates:
Hotel Alminar-get the terrace room if possible
Hotel Adriano - spacious and great price
El Rey Moro- beautiful Andalusian courtyard
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!
Ellen
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 01:24 AM

We are sitting right outsight the El Rey Moro now and it is right in the middle of the Santa Cruz barrio. It has numerous busy Tapas restaurants right out the door and in the surrounding winding alleyways that make up the barrio. It may be noisy at night. Not sure a taxi would be able to drop you off so you may need to find your way through the maze of streets. Minutes from the cathedral. We would stay here. Very busy with tourists though...

Hotel Adriano is by the bullring, we saw it yesterday on our walks. It is on a fairly main road but we didn't like the atmosphere of the area as much as the area around the cathedral (although busy with tourists).

Hotel Alminar looks like it is also in a good position so we would likely stay there as well.
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 02:43 AM

We stayed in the El Rey Moro a few years ago. Very traditional and atmospheric hotel with great breakfast and very helpful multi-lingual staff. Didn't find it noisy at all at night - IIRC the rooms face the inner courtyard rather than outwards. Correc that taxis can't drop you outside, you need to walk thru "the maze" to get there.
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

Wow talk about on the spot reporting jamikins! I will discount the Adriano, so now it's down to the El Rey or the Alminar. Thank you Gordon_R for your endorse of the El Rey!
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 05:12 AM

I think the El Rey would be our choice. Hope you enjoy Seville as much as we do!
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 06:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
It sounds like you are staying for several days in Sevilla. Might you be interested in an apartment, instead of a hotel?

We recently reserved through Spain Select (on the recommendation of Fodorite maitaitom), for a trip next month. They have beautiful properties and are quite helpful via email:
https://sevilla.spain-select.com/en_US
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 07:56 AM

We explored several neighborhoods in Seville this past April but enjoyed the atmosphere and location of our hotel in Barrio Santa Cruz even though the area is touristy.

El Rey Moro is around the corner from Plaza de Dona Elvira which has a beautiful grove of orange trees and was our favorite daily getaway spot to have a glass of wine or tapas. It's a bit tucked away and a quiet respite from the bustling streets nearby.

We stayed at Hotel Casa del Poeta (a bit of splurge but highly recommend) a few blocks from El Rey Moro. Since taxis could not access our street, Plaza Santa Cruz was a convenient drop off/pick up point and if you stay at El Rey Moro, it would only be a 2 minute walk from the plaza to your hotel. Taxi companies are very familiar with this plaza as an access point.

If you end up staying in Barrio Santa Cruz, Restaurante San Marco would be a quick walk from El Rey Moro - located in an atmospheric historic Arabic bath house, Italian/Mediterranean cuisine with some Spanish dishes, classical guitar player in the evening, they also have outdoor terrace seating.

Since you mention Seville is part of a 3 week trip to southern Spain, would like to also recommend a visit to the beautiful seaside town of Cadiz, if it works for your schedule. We went there spur of the moment on a day trip from Seville to do a 4 hour bike tour of the city with Sights and Bikes...highly recommended. Ideal city to bike with many pedestrian streets, squares, parks and a coastal bike path. We loved Cadiz. Wishing you a wonderful trip to Seville and the rest of southern Spain!
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks MoBro for the apartment suggestion. They looked very nice- will have to consider since we're in Seville for five days. We are stayinf our in an apartment on the Malaga leg of our trip
Believe it or not NomadLass, I have a reservation at the Hotel Casa del Poeta but was feeling guilty that it was too expensive! Have to rethink everything lol! We'll probably take a day trip during our stay- Jerez de Frontera or Cadiz. Thanks for the info and good wishes- we're excited!
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 09:56 AM

We are staying in this apartment https://www.genteel-home.com/seville...thouse-seville

It has a private terrace overlooking the cathedral...it is amazing!
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 12:54 PM

We too stayed in an apartment in Seville using veo apartments. Only issue no lift in the one we stayed at a it was on the fourth floor which got harder everyday.
I loved Seville so much I could live there. Especially in May when the Jacaranda's were in full bloom. Enjoy your trip.
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

I'm liking the idea of an apartment more and more. The apartment you're staying in jamikins does look amazing! I've never heard of genteel homes but will check it out. Price seems low to me- that's a good thing! Is there an elevator? Is it up four flights? I'm guessing not... although that doesn't scare me too much- my daughter now lives in a four story walk up and I've been managing even with bad knees! Thanks for the tip about CEO apartments cheska. I plan on Looking into it. Thanks for the good wishes! We go in late March - I'm sure not as beautiful as May.
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

I meant VEO apts
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:29 PM

Yes, the building does have a lift and the service [email protected] been amazing. Highly recommend it!
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:30 PM

Yes, the building does have a lift and the service has been amazing. Highly recommend it!
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 10:06 AM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're interested, this is the apartment we are renting in Sevilla next month:
https://sevilla.spain-select.com/en_...cio-san-jose-v

We like the look and the privacy of the inner courtyard, plus the rooftop space.
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 12:15 PM

I am currently in Córdoba. We will be in Seville next week for 4 nights. We will be staying at Apartamentos Suites Santa Cruz. You might want to check thisi out. It was recommended to me by Candace on this forum.
Karen
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you jamikins, MoBro and KarenWoo for the apt recommendations! They all look fabulous. I just have to decide the hotel vs apt decision. Luckily I have time to ponder since our trip is not til March. Enjoy your travels y'all!
Ellen
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 05:54 AM

jamikins - I looked at that apartment earlier this year. How was the noise? There was some suggestion in reviews I read that the bells drove people bonkers.
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 06:30 AM

The bells started at 9am - they either woke us up or we were on the terrace having coffee. Some mornings I didn't even notice them! Those were the only ones we heard. Nothing during the day or evening or overnight. You got some street noise but the windows and door have a scroll down heavy wooden shade to keep the sun out and then heavy wooden doors. Very dark inside at night and they kept the noise out too.

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 08:03 AM

Update - I asked Bikerscott who said they did ring every hour all day and night, I just didn't notice them!! The ones at 9am were apparently louder than the rest he heard!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -