Greek Sailing out of Athens-

Jul 26th, 2001, 06:15 AM
jill

Greek Sailing out of Athens-

We are going sailing out of Athens and need a hotel for the night before we leave and 2 nights the nite of return. Any suggestions on a nice hotel and the prices?

Jul 26th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Monica

I stayed (in May) at Hotel Attalos. Here's what I wrote on my travel page:

Hotel Attalos
Athens
29 Athinas Street
Monastiraki
Phone: 01-321-2801,-2-3
Fax: 01-324-3124
19.000DR without breakfast (about $50)
Credit cards accepted, although they prefer cash.

Our room, #511, was on the backside of the building with a large balcony, view of the acropolis (when standing near the railing). There is a very nice roof top garden with bar and fabulous view of the acropolis. The room had twin beds, tv (we watched CNN), a/c, very, very small bathroom with hair dryer, tub/shower and curtain. The door didn't open all the way as it hit the sink. Small room for just one person at a time. Inside the closet was a safe. Very good location just 2 blocks up from the Monastriaki metro and the Plaka. Up a couple of blocks on the right is the central market, filled with meats, fish, seafood, vegetables, and spices. Other goods are sold as well.

http://greece2001mjp.homestead.com/greece2001.html

Hope this helps.

Jul 26th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Monica

PS: Taking the metro from the port was quick and easy.

Jul 26th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Lupe

Just a quick note on your sailing trip - We rented/hired a skippered sailing yacht for our trip in Greece. - It was incredible, but, what we hadn't realized was that sailboats are pretty slow. It took us 6 hours just to get from Athens to Kea and another 8-9 hours to Mykonos.

Most in our group wanted to see Mykonos and Santorini, but found that Santorini was just too far with a sailing yacht and only 6 days. If I had done a little more research I would've found that our charter company, Fyly Charters, had ports in both of these islands. Basically, we could've taken a ferry for a few dollars and only a few hours and began our trip a little closer to our destination and other islands, rather than spending most of our time getting there.

Hope this helps.

Aug 6th, 2001, 07:13 AM

top it

Aug 6th, 2001, 09:11 AM
jill

Hi- still looking for input. Anyone out there? I leave in 2 weeks. Please help!