This is my first time trying to plan a vacation to the Greek Islands. We are two adult couples in our mid 50s, coming without kids, or possibly with some young adults. We are not limited to any particular season. We would like to find one island to stay on (for roughly one week) so that we don't need to pack and unpack, but we would like to be able to do daytrips by ferry to some other islands. We don't particularly need the big touristy lively places. We go to bed early anyway! We enjoy beaches, nature, hiking, seafood/vegetarian cuisine, and sitting with a book in a place with a view. Do you have any recommendations for an island stay that might suit us with nearby islands accessible by short (1-2 hour) ferry rides?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Where to stay in Naples?
- 3 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 8 Portugal
- 9 Browsing Barcelona
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona