This is my first time trying to plan a vacation to the Greek Islands. We are two adult couples in our mid 50s, coming without kids, or possibly with some young adults. We are not limited to any particular season. We would like to find one island to stay on (for roughly one week) so that we don't need to pack and unpack, but we would like to be able to do daytrips by ferry to some other islands. We don't particularly need the big touristy lively places. We go to bed early anyway! We enjoy beaches, nature, hiking, seafood/vegetarian cuisine, and sitting with a book in a place with a view. Do you have any recommendations for an island stay that might suit us with nearby islands accessible by short (1-2 hour) ferry rides?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 8 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 9 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 10 Iceland driving in March
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 16 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 17 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Greece during Easter week or August
- 20 Northern Spain road trip
- 21 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 22 Help with Spain itinerary
- 23 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 24 Where to stay in Naples?
- 25 Driving