This is my first time trying to plan a vacation to the Greek Islands. We are two adult couples in our mid 50s, coming without kids, or possibly with some young adults. We are not limited to any particular season. We would like to find one island to stay on (for roughly one week) so that we don't need to pack and unpack, but we would like to be able to do daytrips by ferry to some other islands. We don't particularly need the big touristy lively places. We go to bed early anyway! We enjoy beaches, nature, hiking, seafood/vegetarian cuisine, and sitting with a book in a place with a view. Do you have any recommendations for an island stay that might suit us with nearby islands accessible by short (1-2 hour) ferry rides?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 paris to london- day trip
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 5 10 days in europe
- 6 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 9 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Where to stay in Naples?
- 13 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 14 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 15 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 16 European honeymoon help needed
- 17 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 18 land vs river cruise
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona