Greek Island hopping?

Jul 11th, 2000, 07:58 AM
Jamey

Greek Island hopping?

Hi,
Can anyone recommend what islands to go to for 4 guys in there early 20's? Which Islands have the best night life besides Myconos? We are planning a trip to Greece so does anyone have a suggestion on how to spend 8 days there? What should we not miss?

Jul 11th, 2000, 08:09 AM
Irina

I wish I had an answer for you. I have the same question too. My friend and I are heading for the greek islands in August too. Don't know where to stay though. If you get any good suggestions. Forward them on to me at my address above.

Thanks

Jul 11th, 2000, 08:16 AM
Thyra

Hi Jamey, please check out www.greektravel.com, (I am no affiliate of that non-profit site, BTW) but it's run by a guy who give an alphabetical break down of all the islands, with really helpful information like, who parties there, where the most expensive drinks are, which are the most traditional. I found the information invaluable when planning our trip to Greece this coming October.

Jul 11th, 2000, 11:38 AM
Paulo

I'm not that much into nightlife ... I've heard that the top rated Greek islands for nightlife in summer are Corfu, Ios, Kos, Mykonos, Rhodes and Zakinthos. On a lower scale but still very lively one has Crete, Paros, Santorini and Skiathos.

Once you probably don't want to hop all over the Greek seas, your best bet appers to be Mykonos, Paros and Santorini. You may experiment Naxos as well (very fair nightlife, very nice main city and excellent beaches).

Paulo

Jul 11th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Paulo

Oops ... Include Ios in there!
Paulo