Reload this Page >

Greek Island Ferries

Search

Greek Island Ferries

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 1998, 08:28 AM
Larry

Greek Island Ferries

Where can I find information (schedules/fares) for Greek Island ferry service? Also, does anyone know if the Eurail pass is good on these ferries?

Old Jan 8th, 1998, 06:09 PM
Denise

I have had contact with venice port authorities and was informed www.port.venice.it/adrnav www. adriatica.it
are helpful and these were. These of course involve the Italian lines but go to Greece and Turkkey. good luck. Denise

Old Jan 8th, 1998, 06:38 PM
molly

this same question has been frazzling myself as well as my traveling partner for the past few weeks. we too are trying to find information about prices of ferrys between greek islands . so far we have found that to take the ferry from brindisi , italy to patras , corfu , or igoumenitsa cost anywhere from 13 $ -29$ in the off season to 40-140 $ in the high season . these rates are all for deck passage and the rides are between 10 -20 hours depending on the island your going to . i dont believe this 140$ ticket crap though , maybe thats for first class . any how thats covered if you have eurail ticket ... thats all i know though when you find out more let me know because i'm leaving in a month!

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 09:49 AM
A. Kelly

Hi Molly,
Have you had any luck finding out info about the Ferries? We are planning on going to Turkey & Greece in Sept. '98 and would appreciate any info you have found. I contacted the Turkish Tourist Office in NY and they were very helpful with ferry schedules if you are interested. Have a great trip!

Old Feb 24th, 1998, 05:00 PM
donna

Hi Kelly & Larry - I read your notes and all I can say is Good Luck. What these places tell you and how they really operate are two different things. One thing is for sure, they are slow movers and very lazy. If they tell you the boat is leaving at 2, it may leave at 10 to 2 or 10 to 3. It all depends on the mood they are in that day. Be prepared and always, always be there way ahead of time and ask alot of questions

Old Mar 22nd, 1998, 10:40 PM
Boris

Ferries within Greece are quite cheap. The Tourist Office in Athens has the most up-to-date schedules from Piraeus outwards.

Guidebooks like Lets Go Greece or the Rough Guide series at least tell you the frequency with which boats run from a port. That will give you a good idea if you will be stranded on an island or not.

Try checking for DANE sealines on the web. They are on of the major ferry lines.