Greece or Mexico for honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have 9 days total for our honeymoon, including travel time and live in Las Vegas. We're going on Oct. 1st. Want to go somewhere relaxing and gorgeous where we can mainly 'chill' but also take in a little culture. (we are going to Cabo San Lucas over New Year's eve, so that's out.) We hear there are great beach resorts in Mexico which would certainly cut down on travel time there and back, however, for a once in a lifetime honeymoon, I think we should consider Santorini! Where are the best places to stay in Santorini, as well as suggestions for Mexico? We are late 40's, early 50's, and neither one of us has been to Greece, and not many places in Mexico, other than Cancun..Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:42 AM

I'd steer clear of the east coast in Mexico during October because of hurricane season. It's too risky.

I vote for Santorini! I think that's the perfect honeymoon destination if you can swing it. No details or recommendations, but I know there have been lots of posts so do a quick search and you should find them!
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM

Another vote for Santorini! Not sure about the weather in October, but I'm sure others will give you advice.

Travelatte
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:36 PM

A vote for Santorini from me. It is beautiful there. Go to the underground weather web site and you can get a history of the weather for past years.
Good luck !
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 03:31 PM

We will be going to Greece for the first time this May so I imagine that Santorini would be a top pick from me as well! that being said we have travelled the west coast of Mexico quite extensivley and I would be happy to answer any questions you have. I know if some beautiful spots that would suit a honeymoon!
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 03:40 PM

TTT