Greece and Istanbul....HELP!!

May 12th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Greece and Istanbul....HELP!!

Last time I was in Greece and Turkey way almost 25 years ago....and not even on the same trip (and on a very different budget)! So although I have fond memories, I have virtually no information.

We need (ah, the realities of adult life) to leave on Thurs eve Aug.24 and return by the eve of Sept. 4. Ideally, we'd like to arrive in Athens, spend a couple days, visit one or 2 Greek islands, then head to Istanbul for touring, shopping, and some surrounding spots.

We'd looked at cruises...but the one's we like are ieither sold out or ridiculously expensive. We'd prefer to spend not more than about $3000 for the 11 days (not including airfare). We have no prolem with primitive spots, though also enjoy splurging on a luxury spot or two...in fact, prefer moving between these to consistently middle-of-the-road spots.

Happy to do lots of our own planning, though recommendations for an agency that will help are quite welcome. Having trouble thinking through islands to stop at, realities of ferry schedules, etc.

ANY and all help more than welcome!

Thanks
Steve
May 12th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

wanted to add the word Turkey, so folks checking that forum will also find this!

Search this Thread