Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Great web site for Paris piccures of streets

Jun 3rd, 2000, 06:33 AM
John

http://wfc.pagesjaunes.fr/pb.cgi?lang=en
This a great web site that allows you to look at picture of different street locations. I just looked up the hotel I am staying at. Kudos to Maira ([email protected]) who posted it on elsewhereand I thought it deserved its own thread.Click on photos button and enter a street name and watch, its great.

Jun 3rd, 2000, 07:07 AM
codetta

John,
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing that site. I'm going to Paris in a few months so it will come in handy for me. I haven't been to Paris since the 80s so I definitely will need all the help I can get this time.

Jun 3rd, 2000, 09:17 AM
Maira

John--- thanks for the special mention! I am so glad it was of asistance to you!

Jul 9th, 2000, 04:52 PM
Patricia

I too love this website! I just happened upon it (it was a link) and tried it. It has been probably "the best site" in my Paris trip planning!

Patricia

Jul 9th, 2000, 07:33 PM
Donna

The maps at the same website are magnificent as well. In fact, I printed out maps (you get the name of the place and complete address, along with the map) for all the restaurants we planned to visit - and our hotel - for giving to taxi drivers. This was really handy. One restaurant in particular (Le Coupe Chou) would have been very difficult for the driver to find without that map.

Jul 10th, 2000, 06:07 AM
Harriett

This was so cool -- I could pull up a photo of the apartment building where we stayed on our trip 18 months ago -- it truly took me back to the sights and scents of that street. But I fear this is another website I'd be better off NOT knowing about . . .!

Sep 8th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Topper

ttt f/Marge

Sep 8th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Karen

John, Cool site. Thanks!

Sep 8th, 2001, 12:53 PM
sandy c

harriet,

lololol,,,i almost agree with you, john i spent 3 hours at that site last night,,,my eyes feel like sandpaper right now...

sigh,,,i am already battling my addiction with this site!

seriously, once again thanks for the great recommendation,,,ads and all, it provides a wonderful service to the net travelers. just being able to see a street in paris from across the world is exciting to me.

darn it,,wish i could find a site like this of london..anyone know one?