Reload this Page >

Great rental car find in Paris!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 04:19 AM
Wendy

I don't know if there has already been a post on this, but I thought I'd share just in case...<BR><BR>I'm just back from 2 weeks in Paris, and found www.easycar.com under the Place Vendome, and rented a Mercedes 'baby' SUV for $27 a day, mileage and insurance included. It was the easiest reservation pick-up/drop-off I've ever done and the car barely used a tank of gas driving all over Paris for 2 weeks. I go back next week and doing it again.<BR><BR>~Wendy~<BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Rex

Hi, Wendy! Haven't seen you in quite a while. Nice to see you back.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Betsy

Ditto, Wendy. Nice to see you're still a Fodorite. <BR><BR>You get to go back to Paris next week? You lucky duck! Please tell us more about your trips.<BR><BR>Thanks for the car rental info.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:37 AM
ollie

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Another Wendy

Any other "discoveries" from this latest trip, Wendysaveur?<BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:44 AM
wendy

Not too many new finds on that trip...<BR><BR>I was there helping an interior decorator friend buy antiques from brocante sales (loved the town of Chatou featured in last month's Food and Wine)so I spent more time in shops and markets than I did in 'Paris'...<BR><BR>We rented a fabulous apt. on the St. Louis from a company called 'guest apartments' for the same price as a cramped hotel in the St. Germain- and we thoroughly enjoyed our kitchen and views of the Seine...(believe it or not, especially at night when the Bateaux-Mouches lights cast moving shadows of our wrought iron balconies across the walls and ceiling!)<BR><BR>Also, found a fantastic shoppe on the island 'La Petite Scierie' that sells country foie gras and cassoulet from their farm near the Loire, we bought so many jars I can't believe we got them all home! They give you a 'degustation' of the items and a glass of wine to boot...it was hard to leave empty handed.<BR><BR>Not too many discoveries on this trip, but next week I'm off to focus on food and wine, not antiques... I'm trying a few new restaurants and a few wine cellar 'finds' int he city and out in Champagne...<BR><BR>~Wendy~

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Rex

Not sure when you've been traveling, and when you've been here - - so I'll ask anyway - - have you seen the post "Galicia to Bretagne trip"?<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1336953<BR><BR>Would such a thing have any interest to you? Or know anyone who might be interested?<BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 06:54 AM
StCirq

Hi, Wendy! Long time no see. Hope you're settled in now and things are going well. Sounds as though they are. When will you be back in Paris? I'll be sailing through in mid-April.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:46 AM
wendy

St. Cirq!<BR><BR>So good to see you! I hope you are doing well too!<BR><BR>I am doing very well, and leaving on the 28th for 3 weeks in Paris...you? Let's exchange cell phone numbers and catch up for lunch/dinner?<BR><BR>

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:43 AM

to the top