Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Great Fares to Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/great-fares-to-paris-139177/)

Randall Smith Jan 8th, 2002 11:43 AM

Great Fares to Paris

Hello everyone,<BR><BR>I just wanted to let everyone on this board know about a great price for tickets to Paris.<BR><BR>I just purchased two tickets on Orbitz.com from Indy to CDG, with a connecting flight through Detroit(We always have to make a connecting flight from Indy)departing March 26 and returning April 11, 2002. The cost was $792.00 for both tickets. The base price was $325.00 per ticket with a $70 tax per ticket. It's still the least I've paid for round trip tickets and this will be our 20th trip. I just thought others might want to know. The next lowest price tickets I've found were about $560.00 per ticket. Other airlines may follow suit, so if your purchasing tickets soon, you may want to monitor prices on Orbitz.com.<BR><BR>Good luck & I wish you all happy travels and a Happy New Year.<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR><BR>RJS

Rex Jan 8th, 2002 12:12 PM

This is great news, and (somewhat?) altruistic of you to post this here (I assume you got what you wanted BEFORE you posted) - - it will be interesting to see who else can get a comparably good deal similar to this, since many people have complained about being able to find good deals extending beyong the end of March.<BR><BR>I wonder if this is a fluke that matches your exact dates (a Tuesday out, a Thursday back). I tried your EXACT same dates for Columbus-Paris and got a similarly good (actually even lower) price $719 for two, taxes included, or $364.50 each.<BR><BR>But these dates were NOT so good:<BR><BR>Mar 22-30 (our local spring break) - - a Friday out, a Saturday back - - $719.50 per person!<BR><BR>Mar 21-Apr 2 - - a Thursday out, a Tuesday back - - $525.50<BR><BR>Mar 19-Apr 4 - - a Tuesday out, a Thursday back - in fact, identical to your dates, except a week EARLIER - - and still $525.50 each.<BR><BR>So, it's quite mysterious why March 26 to April 11 is priced so much better.<BR><BR>But I'm glad it worked out for you, and I hope someone else can put this kind of deal to good use also.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Randall Smith Jan 8th, 2002 12:33 PM

Hello Again,<BR><BR>Rex you make a good point, I'm not sure why these tickets were so inexpensive, but when I saw the price I jumped at the deal. I've been looking at fares for these dates since we returned in December. They have already sent me conformation by e-mail and accepted payment from American Express, so I assume the fares are valid. I didn't realize the window for this price was so narrow, athough I did look at fares for later in April and they were indeed much higher. <BR><BR>I just thought that others would appreciate the info.<BR><BR>Ciao,<BR><BR>RJS

Diane Jan 8th, 2002 12:52 PM

And an example of why having flexibility to go Tues/Thurs can pay big dividend$ Nice catch, Randall!

judy Jan 9th, 2002 11:20 AM

Hi....I went to Paris in March 2001 and it was a very busy time for conventions and shows. Perhaps this has something to do with airfare.

AGM/Cape Cod Jan 9th, 2002 12:42 PM

We purchased ticket directly from AirFrance for March 19 to Paris with a return on the 27th and paid $443.00. This was in October and I missed out on $406 because I wasn't sure which way the fares were going to go. I am content especially since I paid for one round trip in June 2001 what I am paying for two this March. I can't wait-just have to get through 2 audits and then I am off!

top Jan 10th, 2002 01:31 PM

to the top<BR>

Rex Jan 16th, 2002 08:51 AM

I don't know what it is about these particular dates, but these phenomenal fares are still good (just checked CMH-CDG, not Indianapolis), if you can take this long away for a spring trip!<BR>

chris Jan 16th, 2002 09:16 AM

ok, I thought I'd add my recent good fortune. Over the holidays I noticed rt fare London Heathrow to Detroit with change in Chicago for only $385 each including the taxes. So what you say, well these are for JULY, traveling on the WEEKEND!! You better believe I jumped on that price. This was through Flights.com on AA.