Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Great B&B or Hotel Venice Lido? For 1st timers

May 15th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Can anyone recommend a great hotel or B&B on Venice Lido that's not too far from the vaparetto station? I'm planning a trip for some relatives who have never been to Venice, let alone out of the country, and I'd like it to be a really nice place but not crazy pricey!
May 15th, 2008, 10:12 AM

You may as well go ahead and post the info people are going to as for:

--Why the Lido?
--When are they going?
---How many nights?
--How many relatives? (Double room?)
--What's the nightly budget range?

May 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Lido because it's less crowded since it will be July and it costs less. When we were there in the busy summer months we really loved having the island respite rather than being stuck with the masses in Venice proper. I loved the place that we stayed at Villa Stella, but it's quite a walk from the vaparetto station. It was ok for us, being young and fit, but one of the women going cannot walk that far on a daily basis.

There will be two adults and two teenagers, age 16 and 18. They will be there in mid July for 4 nights. I would say 200 euros or less for a room/apartment that would fit all 4 of them or 100 euros each for 2 rooms.
May 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM

I love staying on Lido also. Staying there, I find I spend so much more time on the water, commuting back and forth across the Lagoon, experiencing Venice as a city of water and light, a watery enchantment, more than I ever did while staying in Venice proper. My favorite B&B is Villa Angelica, http://www.villaangelica-venezia.com The ladies who run this beautiful small place are hospitable and welcoming and full of helpful information. It's about a 5-minute walk from the Venice-Lido stop. Breakfast in the garden when the weather is nice. Haven't been there in summer so don't know about air-conditioning - would be worth asking. July is their mid-season so the prices should fit your budget. They have bicycles for use of guests. Good beach nearby for the teenagers, if they want a break from the adults, and good, low-key, less-expensive places to eat also.
May 15th, 2008, 11:26 AM

We stayed on the Lido at ALBERGO QUATTRO FONTANE, a lovely B&B set in a garden and an easy walk to the vaporetto stop. However, I think it may be over your budget.
May 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Regarding the Albergo Quattro Fontane, does anyone know how big their two apartments are? I'm having trouble finding a place with a minimum of 3 beds for 4 adults.