Great B&B near Gordes / Roussillon in Provence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just returned from a 3+ week visit to France, and I wanted to thank Stu Dudley for his recommendation of the wonderful Le MAS PERREAL Bed & Breakfast in St. Saturnin d'Apt in Provence. Go to
http://www.masperreal.com/ for details. If you are looking for a casually elegant home base in the Luberon region amid many charming hill towns (Gordes, Roussillon, etc.), I can recommend the Le MAS PERREAL. Owners Elisabeth and Kevin Widrow have created a wonderful ambience here, and the breakfasts are exquisite.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 10:44 AM

There's awful lot of positive comments about Le Mas Perreal, is it really close to Gordes and Roussillon. I'm still trying to make up my mind where to stay for a couple of nights to visit the hill towns. Is Le Mas Perreal very difficult to find? How far in advance do you need to make a reservation if you go in mid September.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Send your questions to Kevin--especially the one about how far in advance you need reservations.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

From Le MAS PERREAL, it took me 15 minutes to get to Gordes. Roussillon is close to Gordes, so it would be easy to do them both in the same day.

I was in Gordes on market day (Tuesdays), which was fun. Driving to both towns was very relaxing -- past beautiful fields.

St. Saturnin d'Apt is even closer (though much quieter). I climbed to the top of that village past various ruins for a great view. (I heard there was a great resturant in the town.)

There is a book in each B&B room that advises you where to visit. And of course, Kevin can give you more suggestions, too.

I found it easy to find Le MAS PERREAL ... just follow the map that is posted on the web site. (If you get lost, just circle around and enjoy the view until you find it.) There is a gate at the entrance; you have to buzz to get in until you get the passcode from Kevin.

Old Jun 13th, 2007, 02:43 PM

suze1, just to connect the dots ... Kevin Widrow posts here--in a wonderfully helpful way--but can't chime in on a thread about his own property (Fodor's Ts and Cs and all that).

Hence the advice to write to him directly at his masperreal site.

Anselm