Reload this Page >

Grand Plaza hotel in rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Hanah

Has anyone stayed in the grand plaza hotel in ROme?

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Rex

Yes, and I thought it was over-priced, past its prime, and not the great location I had hoped for. We canceled our four day stay there after two nights, and unresolved problems with inadequate hot water.<BR><BR>We were so much happied at Albergo del Senato.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Rex

*happier, of course - - not happied<BR>

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Maira

Rex, how is the Hotel Fontanella (Assisi)located in respect to St. Francis Basilica or Santa Chiara? meant to ask you many times.<BR><BR>Hannah, what about the Raphael or the Pace Helvezia? Better located I hear.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:05 AM
Rex

This is a good way to "lose" this information - - not just you and I might never catch each other's attention, here buried on this thread - - but anyone else who could benefit from this will never see it. I almost did NOT see this one - - just goes to show that it should probably be on its own separate thread!<BR><BR>Maybe you would be willing to post it on http://www.travel-board.com/index.ph...st;title=Start new thread<BR><BR>In any event, I have to assume that you are asking about Hotel FonTEBella (not Fontanella). It isn't exactly close to the Basilica, nor to Santa chiara. but then, nothing is really THAT far a walk from anywhere in Assisi.<BR><BR>It's best features are: free parking, right at the front door. Nice rooms, good service and elevator. Excellent restaurant.<BR><BR>Hotel Umbra is quite a bit closer to Santa Chiara. and there is a hotel right NEXT to the Basilica, with almost the exact same name (San Francesco).<BR><BR>There's a pretty good map at http://www.assisionline.com/cartcentro75.mv?+us and the Fontebella is right on the little stretch of street with the same name. Keep in mind that the three parallel streets - - Fontebella, S Francesco and Metastasio are essentially like terraces on a moderately steep hillside. So it's about like climbing 3-5 flights of stairs to get to the Basilica from Fontebella.<BR><BR>But they aren't called "hill towns" for nothing, eh?<BR><BR>This same website (assisionline) also provides zoomed-in views of regions of the town for things like locating a specific street. See http://www.assisionline.it/topog/cen...ntebella/C3-D3 for an example.<BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:45 PM
up

up, for Maira<BR>