Grand Hotel Parco dei Principi

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 09:09 AM
sandy

Grand Hotel Parco dei Principi

Has anyone stayed at this hotel, if so, how was it? Thanks for any help. Sandy

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 12:15 PM
Linda

Sandy, my husband and I stayed here in Sept. 1998. The hotel was lovely - large room with a real king beg (not 2 singles pushed together). Our only complaint was we felt it was a bit out of the way and not too close to the center of things.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 12:58 PM
Frank

If you are referring to the Parco dei Principi in Rome, it is north of the Villa Borghese. The area is very remote from the heart of Rome and not at all convenient to the tourist attractions. We stayed at the Flora and the Minerva last month and can highly recommend both. The Flora is on the Via Venito and the Minerva is accross the street from the Pantheon.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 12:13 PM
sandy

I want to thank Linda and Frank for info on Grand hotel. Do you remember if the metro was close by. We were in Rome in 99 and used the metro, so we don't mind. Do you you if the hotel has e-mail, if so address? Thanks again.
Sandy

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 01:13 PM
Paulo

Sandy

If you want to learn about transportation to/from your hotel in Rome go to the ATAC site

http://infopoint.atac.roma.it/

Click on the right map. Click on trip planning. Insert <parco dei principi> in the "from resource" window. Insert, as an example, <spagna> in the "to address" window and ... voilą, your public transportation option would be to take bus #910 (which goes to the Termini station), step down at Piazza della Reppublica, and get the subway (direction Battistini) to Piazza di Spagna.

You could do other exercises as well but you shouldn't worry too much about transportation. Taxis are relatively cheap and time is money Get a taxi to the historic centre and take it from there.

Paulo

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 06:35 PM
Ed

Parco dei Principi is not near any metro stop. Nearest would be Spagna (by foot) or Termini, by bus. Fine hotel, inconvenient location for touring and most restaurants.

Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria
www.twenj.com