Reload this Page >

Grand Hotel des Balcons in Paris reservation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:33 AM
jj

I've booked our reservation for mid-June at this hotel after reading mostly positive comments. I was wondering if anybody had anything else to add on this hotel? It is $159 for a triple room, which seems high to me, but I tried all the "usual suspects" on this board that were cheaper, and they are all booked.<BR>Thanks for any insight!

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Sue

About the price: on one booking site, there were only singles, doubles and suite (180 euros) listed, so maybe the triple is bigger. Another site (smallandeleganthotels.com) listed the price for a triple at $200. So your price seems OK for this hotel.<BR><BR>It is in a good location, on a quiet street, but has no A/C. My favorite thing is that there is an ice machine off the lobby! Every day after sight-seeing, I would stop by the ice machine on my way to the room and fill up a glass. (My high internal thermostat requires COLD water!) I did find I couldn't open the vertical windows all the way because the bed was in the way, but perhaps if I had bothered, I could have moved the furniture a little. (And I wasn't in the triple.)<BR><BR>Hotel le Clement (near Odeon Metro) is a two-star with a/c. I am trying it out in a week, not that I think I'll need a/c <BR>Because it's closer to St. Germain, etc., I fear it will be noisy.<BR><BR>It has Superior Triple for $120 and Junior MiniSuite with connecting rooms, 1 for 2 and 1 for 1, for the same price. You can see it at www.france.com Select St. Germain and two-star hotels, put in your date, etc. I have used this booking service successfully several times.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:02 AM
lisa

jj -- I agree that it seems a bit high for that hotel, although maybe their triples are nicer than their singles.<BR><BR>While I liked the hotel, particularly for the location, I do think you will want air conditioning, so Balcons would not be my first choice in mid-June. I agree with the previous poster that you might want to consider Le Clement -- although I haven't stayed there, the location is great, it has received some favorable mentions, and the rates are good for a place with AC.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:23 AM
jj

Sue & lisa, thanks for your replies.<BR> <BR>I'm beginning to wonder if I should find another comparable hotel with A/C that might also be cheaper! That said, we will only be staying at the hotel for 2 nights.<BR><BR>The only hesitation I have about trying Le Clement is that 2-3 posters on this forum have had trouble with them not having a record of their reservations. I surely don't want to get to Paris with my group of 11 and try to find another hotel.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Betsy

JJ, though I haven't stayed there, I've read many favorable comments about Grand Hotel des Balcons on Travel Talk, and it's highly unlikely that you'll need air conditioning in Paris in June. In fact, it's more likely you'll need an extra sweater. Having said that, there could be a heatwave! I'd hang on to that reservation.<BR><BR>Bon voyage!