Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Grand Circle Tour to Rome, Florence & Amalfi Coast

Old May 15th, 2001, 06:05 AM
marilyn polo

Has anyone taken a tour led by Grand Circle to Rome, Amalfi Coast and Florence. We are planning to go in March, 2002 and would like some additional information.

Old May 15th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Doc

I think Grand Circle has modified the itinerary somewhat, but we took essentially the same route with them in 1994. We started in Rome for about a week, followed by a stay in Sorrento, then Taormina, to Florence, and finally Venice. One end or the other may have been an add-on. Our overall travel was from Feb. 18 to March 15, 1994. I'll be happy to provide details, including a copy of my journal, if you wish. Since I don't follow this site religiously, it would be preferable to contact me via e-mail if you want a response. In general, though, I rate this trip one of our better ones with GCT. Happy travels!

Old May 15th, 2001, 12:46 PM
Mary Jayne

Just returned from that trip with Grand Circle the middle of April and do believe it is one of their most favorite trip and are always adding extra dates on it, etc to accomodate everyone. It was mostly wonderful, although you do wish you had more time and you can gain weight with the overabundant food in the meals, etc. But dollar for dollar it is a very good trip. If you want anymore details I could help you with, just e=mail me. I believe all 41 on the trip we took had a wonderful time. Mary Jayne

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 08:35 PM
a---z

\
Up for Ed.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 11:10 AM
mp

up to top