Granada inn or hotel Paradour pricey

Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Granada inn or hotel Paradour pricey

Does anyone have any recommendations for housing in Granada. The paradour prices are over 300 euro. We'd like something in the 70-100 euro range.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM

pjoneslake,
You can still stay on the Alhambra hill. While the Hotel América may be much more than 100 (prices have risen steeply since my last visit), try the Hotel Guadalupe, which should fit in your budget and is sometimes even available with coupons at www.bancotel.es or maybe talonhotel.com Some rooms have Alhambra views.
www.hotelguadalupe.es
Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM

Sorry,
www.talonotel.com
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Those sites are in Spanish which I can't read. How about B & B's?
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:05 PM

pjoneslake,
Please don't discount the Hotel Guadalupe, right on the Alhambra hill. It's a very good value for the location, and it does have an English page. Just click on the flag, the Union Jack, in the upper right corner.

For B&Bs in the Alfama, the Moorish quarter with views up to the Alhambra, you can try the Casa Morisca, which I haven't visited, but everyone seems to like.
www.hotelcasamorisca.com

Or the Casa del Aljarife
www.casadelaljarife.com

Or the Ladrón de Agua
www.ladrondeagua.com

But the Albaicín is NOT the place to stay with a car (no garages, very steep and narrow streets), although the Casa Morisca does have some street parking.

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Carmen de Santa Inés. I think you'd be much happier at the Casa Morisca if you choose to stay in the Albaicín.
But again, please don't discount the Guadalupe.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hotel Regina in town and one night at the Paradore. The regina was lovely and it was great being in town to explore and take advantage of the free tapas.

Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. Maribel I've e mailed the Guadelupe for more info and Moxie I can't find the Hotel Regina by googling to see what it looks like. Do you have any idea how to find it
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
begbie

hi
try having a look at the following link:
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i.../europe/410/en

Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

The price of the Guadalupe is actually less expensive than the hotel quote. but it comes up as a "twin" even though I put in for 2 people, double. So I need to do further checking. I still can't find Hotel Regina
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:53 PM

pjoneslake,
It may be that the Guadalupe only has twin beds that can be put together to make a large double, a common practice in Spanish hotels, or simply that they translate into English a two person room as "twin" rather than double. Could simply be the translation. If you must have a double bed, not twins put together, you need to stipulate "cama matrimonial".
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again Maribel. In that case I'll book with Densia. Thanks Begbie for that tip.
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:44 PM

I just got back from Spain and we stayed at Casa de los Migueletes in the Albaicin. I loved this hotel - it is an old 17th century building that was refurbished not too long ago. The rooms were charming and elegant, the staff extremely helpful with restaurants and sightseeing. There is also free breakfast as well as a bodega where guests can purchase wine very reasonably. We had to rearrange our booking dates at the last minute and the staff accomodated us without any surcharges. I think we paid 127 euros a night which was out of your range, but the extra 27 euros were very well worth it!
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Sorry it was the Hotel Reina Cristina, parking is available and they have a loading space in front, you give them the keys and they park the car and then fetch it for you when you want it.

They had THE best home made cinnamon cake for breakfast =)

Search this Thread