Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   GoToday Packages from San Francisco (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/gotoday-packages-from-san-francisco-267401/)

Giovanna Oct 21st, 2002 08:45 AM

GoToday Packages from San Francisco

There is no doubt that GoToday offers incredible value, particularly for people on the East Coast. But we don't want to fly 5-6 hours to the East Coast, change plane (possibly terminals) and then fly another 10 hours to London. Would appreciate information from someone who has flown from SFO on a GoToday package and how they were routed. <BR><BR>Would love to take advantage of the GoToday packages if we can fly nonstop to London.

ttt Oct 21st, 2002 10:06 AM

This sank like a rock. Surely someone on line has use GoToday from California. Please help!

Betsy Oct 21st, 2002 10:56 AM

Giovanna, why don't you contact Go-Today and ask about the possibility of non-stop routing from SF?

Judy Oct 21st, 2002 10:57 AM

I have used Go-Today several times. Most recently for upcomming trip to London 11/7-11/17, BUT I live on the east coast. HOWEVER, if you want to know the routing from YOUR departure point, CALL them, they have a number on the web site and they will be able to tell you what that routing is. And only they know it...any one else's experiences would not necessarily apply to your trip and what they have available for seating now...flights do the sfo-london route direct but GO-Today will tell you what they have. (Also east coast NY,DC, BOS to London is approx 6 hrs not 10)<BR><BR>Always go to the source of the service if you have specific questions, it's their answers that count, not ours.<BR><BR>That said, I can highly recommend them. They deliver a good product at a good price.<BR><BR>Happy travels,<BR>Judy

Wendy Oct 21st, 2002 11:50 AM

Well last year I took advantage of one of Go-Today's great deal to Paris from the west coast (seattle though, not SF).<BR><BR>I flew from Seattle to Memphis (if I remember correctly) changed planes and then onto Paris via Air France.<BR><BR>Btw it is only a 9 hr. flight from Seattle to London so I can't imagine it being 10 hrs from the East coast to there.<BR><BR>We called GT and asked about carries ect before we booked also.<BR><BR>Wendy

crusty Oct 21st, 2002 12:09 PM

<BR>While you're at it, ask them to have a direct flight for Jacksonville.<BR><BR>We vacationed with a couple who flew nonstop from CA to Italy (via Alitalia). Now that's the way to go.<BR><BR>This year we're going to Prague on a CSA Package tour. Priced better than GO-today.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Giovanna Oct 21st, 2002 01:39 PM

Betsy: I did make an inquiry about this on the GoToday web site and got an e-mail back that they couldn't tell me the routing until I had booked a trip.<BR><BR>Judy: Haven't telephoned, but I would think that the online inquiry would be the same as a phone inquiry, but maybe it's worth a try. I always go to the source first. No results there, thus my post.<BR><BR>Wendy: That's exactly what we don't want to do; fly to the east coast and then over. Perhaps it isn't 10 hours from the east coast but after flying 5-6 hours there don't want another 8 or whatever it is. Makes it much longer than nonstop from San Francisco.<BR><BR>Crusty: I believe the Alitalia non-stop to Italy was from LA and has been discontinued. I'm delighted you got a good deal to Prague, but what do either of these have to do with my question?