Gothenburg and Stockholm Sweden

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

During our visit to Sweden, we will be in Gothenburg on the 8th & 9th of July. On the 10th we will board the Juno for a canal cruise to Stockholm. We will be in Stockholm 14th-17 July. We are hoping to find a day tour from Stockholm to Carl Larsson's home and museum. We would appreciate any ideas or suggestions of things to do and places to see. We love to dance Argentine tango, so we wonder if anyone out there has any favorite places to dance?
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 11:28 PM

Carl Larsson's house in Sundborn is about 3 hours away from Stockholm, by train you go to Falun then by bus to Sundborn. No idea how far from bus stop to the house. It's a long trip for just a day, probably better to do it by rental car and you haven't much time in Stockholm as it is. There is alot of info on this forum already on things to do and see in Stockholm,
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 02:59 AM

Gothenburg is a lovely city for just wandering around. There's a park with a butterfly house, and the harbourside has an eclectic mix of old boats repurposed as restaurants etc. There's also an opera house (if that's your thing), canals you can cruise round, and trips to the skerries (little rocky islands). Liseberg amusement park has some vintage rides eg wooden rollercoaster, and there's a historic tram route running to/from the amusement park. Sometimes there are concerts at the Ullevi stadium in the summer.
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 03:00 AM

Also lots of nice bakeries/cafes!
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really enjoyed Gothenburg: https://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com...g-garden-city/

There is so much to do in Stockholm - any guidebook will list the top sights.
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I keep hoping for an organized tour because it is a complicated trip--a business opportunity for someone.
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 10:34 AM

It's not a complicated trip to Sundborn, it's just a long one especially for a day trip. Why don't you contact the home and see if they can suggest who could organise a tour inc transportation from Stockholm. Or you could take a taxi from Falun railway station to take you to the house if you don't want to rent a car.
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most people on this forum travel independently. Have you checked cruisecritic.com for your destinations and cruise?
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 05:08 PM

You mention tango. I think it is the people in Finland who are into tango.
I recall seeing a program on 60 Minutes awhile back.
Old Jun 5th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. Argentine tango is danced all over the world. We have danced Argentine tango in China, Japan,Vienna, Madrid, London, Berlin, Prague. On my computer, I just type "Argentine tango in Stockholm"--there will be calendars with location and time for Milongas (which is the word used for tango party). The only problem with a large city like Stockholm is that there are so many choices.
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 06:07 AM

Choose central ones, that should narrow down the choice. Also, look at the facebook page for milongas in Stockholm. I think there are alot of resources you can check, inc The Local for Sweden.