Notices

Gornergrat restaurant

Aug 1st, 2013, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Gornergrat restaurant

We plan to go to Gornergrat in Mid August. We would love to stop at mountain restaurant for lunch where is on the way down from Gornergrat with great view and not too cold. Please recommend.

We also have the other idea of doing the easy walk ( flat level) with nice view and have lunch at the mountain restaurant on the way. We prefer the easy walk 30 min Max because my husband had knee surgery.

Please recommend.

Thank you very much.
Aug 1st, 2013, 04:57 AM

I was just there a couple weeks ago. At the top is a large cafeteria which seemed to have quite a variety of food. I had food with me so didn't buy anything just ate my sandwich. I think there was also a restaurant table service but it seemed empty. There is also a 'hotel/restaurant' at the second or third stop (of the train) on the way down. Just saw it from the outside.

I got off at the first stop down from Gornergrat and walked to the next one. It's about a half hour and relatively flat. The little short distance down to the lake (which reflects the matterhorn) is fairly steep but short and you can keep going from there (there's a second lake!) and rejoin the main path.

IT IS AMAZING. So different from what you see from the train or at the top, which are themselves amazing. I'll be posting photos and trip report, but I just got back so probably not in time for you before you go. Have a great time.

Search this Thread