good prices on flights to Italy-July

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:35 PM
lv
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good prices on flights to Italy-July

Hi,
we are flying to Rome from West coast returning from Venice in July. Tried to research Expedia and verious other web sites for good prices on plane tickets, but so far no luck. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM
rex

Excerpted from a previous post...

Joy of Travel, whose owner is Gur (yes, that's really her name). 1-888-air-tixx - - I think. Search "Gur" here; surely more information in previous posts of mine.

I also think well of www.affordablepoland.com (not just for Poland)

and lately, there seems to some good chatter about http://airtravelcenter.com/onetrav.htm

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:49 PM
rex

Oh, and try posting, asking for help on the cheap flights forum of www.eurotrip.com

Don there is a wizard.

He will almost surely recommend trying other gateway cities in Europe as well, especially London; very cheap LON-VCE options. What is the best you are finding right now? for what dates?
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 07:23 PM

What do you consider a good price? I've been monitoring RT Houston-Milan since last October and have seen a low of about $925.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 04:33 AM
rex

Bringing your message back up "to the top" since you are a newcomer here...

(I see that you have made one other posting, so far unanswered, you can find it by clicking on your own name)

Old Mar 12th, 2004, 05:59 AM
JonJon

I really hope you find that "good price" however you are defining it and are willing to put up with the inconvenience, if it comes to that, of flying on airlines with very restrictive baggage requirements, changing from one airport to another, and so forth.
Do yourself a favor..accept the fact that airline prices are not going to go down for any length of time, especially in the tourist season, unless there is a sale and if there is, be prepared to fly at inconvenient times, etc., just in case.
Of course it is frustrating to be faced with ever higher fares but increasing prices are a fact of every other aspect of life...planning WAAAAAAAY ahead helps but fares aren't, alas, as low as they used to be. Good luck.