Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Good places for a late drink around Villiers Metro Stop in Paris? Help!
Notices

Good places for a late drink around Villiers Metro Stop in Paris? Help!

Mar 4th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

Good places for a late drink around Villiers Metro Stop in Paris? Help!

Good morning all!

Heading to Paris tonight for the weekend and we are staying in a new area and have no idea what is around. We usually stay in the 5th or 11th. We will be on the late eurostar arriving around midnight at the hotel. Is there anywhere nice to grab a bottle of wine before bed? A cafe??

Thanks so much!
Jamikins and Bikerscott
Mar 4th, 2011, 03:07 AM

Le Dôme de Villiers is the main café there. If you want a bottle of wine, there are sure to be some Arab grocers still open.
Mar 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM

There is a Russian place, L'Epicier Russe, that might be open and the bar at Royal Monceau might also be open.
Mar 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM

Tons of bars will be open until 2 a.m. so that is not at all the problem. If worse comes to worse, you just walk down boulevard des Batignolles to Place de Clichy where a lot of the places are open until 5 a.m.
Mar 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Probably I'm posting a bit late, and I can't recommend any bars, but I can and do recommend visiting the Musee Nissim de Camondo, just a short stroll from Villiers metro stop on Rue de Monceau, behind the Parc de Monceau.

It's a tragic family story, but such a beautiful mansion and memorial to a much-adored son. To see it is to take a step back in time, and see how life might have been lived then.

Anyway, I hope you both have a lovely weekend in Paris!

Search this Thread