Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Good, Inexpensive, Central Hotels in Prague, Munich and Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 08:52 AM
richardab

Can anyone advise good central hotels in Florence, Munich and Prague? $125 a night or less!

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 03:17 PM
Kevin

Richard, <BR> <BR> My wife and I were all through Germany last fall and in Munich we stayed in The Admiral Hotel. The rooms were very nice (common for Germany) and the breakfast buffet was exceptionally fresh and plentiful. The hotel is located one block away from the Deutsches Museum and a few blocks from the Viktualienmarkt (open air food market). Also only a short walk to the Marienplatz, and to some of the best restaurants around! Be sure to eat at the Spatenhaus, have lunch in Hofbrauhaus, and breakfast sausages (weisswurst) at Spockmeier! To date Germany is our favorite trip, so I hope you enjoy!

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 05:04 PM
steve

We stayed in a very well-located small hotel in Prague, Hotel U Zlaty Stromu. It is in the old quarter just steps from the Charles Bridge The rooms are pleasant and the baths are modern. Our rate(under 100USD) included breakfast and you could order anything you wanted. The only negative is that there is a disco in the basement of the hotel and occasionally some of the sound would drift to our room.

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 05:33 PM
Marty

We just stayed at the Hotel Aldini in Florence. A double was $110 per night with a 10% discount for cash. You could only be more central if you slept in the Duomo! The room was room 105 (I requested it), and it was very large by European standards. Everything was very clean and pleasant. Although it was in the middle of things, the windows were double paned and noise was not problem. The room was airconditioned. I recommend it. Email: [email protected]. They also have a website.

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 08:07 PM
Linda

Check out AVE Accommodations at www.avetravel.cz for a listing of hotels/penzions in all price ranges in Prague. They have descriptions & some pictures.

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 04:12 AM
Mary Ann

In Prague we stayed at the Cloister Inn for about $100 including breakfast, excluding parking. The rooms were a reasonable size with bathroom (shower) and cable television. It is in a quiet area across from the old communist police station. It is central and easy walking to the jewish quarter, charles bridge and Wenselas Square. This was Sept. 1999 prices. Staff were helpful as well.