Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Good / Bad...Hotel de la Poste?, Hotel le CEP? or Chateau de Gilley? in Burgandy

Good / Bad...Hotel de la Poste?, Hotel le CEP? or Chateau de Gilley? in Burgandy

Feb 3rd, 2001, 01:42 PM
Judith

Does anyone have experience staying at any of these three hotels in Burgandy?
Thank you!

Chateau de Gilley (Clos de Vougeat) 5* (I believe)
Hotel de la Poste (Beaune) 4*
Hotel le CEP (Beaune) 4*

Feb 3rd, 2001, 01:50 PM
Ann

We stayed at the Hotel de la Poste just over a year ago. We had a lovely room and found the restaurant excellent. The building is arranged around a pleasant garden. It is easy to find if travelling by car and has plenty of covered parking. It is within easy walking distance of the centre of town. And they send us postcards regularly!

Feb 3rd, 2001, 03:25 PM
Lori

Didn't stay at Chateau Gilley this time, but definitely will next time. it is absolutely lovely, and have heard nothing but good things about it. we ate at Hotel le Cep, wasn't thrilled. We stayed outside Beaune at Chateau Chorey Les Beaune and really enjoyed it.

Feb 4th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Jeff

Hi Judith,
I stayed at the Chateau de Gilly last May and had a wonderful time. Nearby Beaune is a must-see (especially the hospice and the Marche Aux Vins). The chateau is about a mile from the Clos Vougeot. If you decide at Chateau de Gilly, make sure you have dinner there. I had the best meal I've ever had and the atmosphere is amazing. Check out their website. They are one of the Grand Etape establishments. Have a great time!

Feb 4th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Judith

Thanks! This really helps narrow it down. (I sure hope Gilley isn't booked!)