Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Goldener Stern,Linde,Rosli,Pickwick,schlussel or Villa Maria in Lucerne?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1999, 06:55 AM
Val

HI! <BR> We are looking for budget accomodations with private bathroom in Lucerne.Have found these but would like to know if anyone has stayed in these or can recommend another one. <BR>Thanks for all the help so far with putting our trip together!!!It is almost complete.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 06:11 AM
Dan

Try "Schiller Hotel" <BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 10:04 AM
KT

I stayed at the Goldener Stern about five years ago, and as I recall it was perfectly okay. I had a single room, which was of course, tiny like all budget singles, but it was clean and comfortable. I actually liked the location, even though it was on the "wrong" side of the lake (i.e., not the most touristed side). It was near some pretty churches and convenient to the station, and it was no trouble to walk over to the other side of the lake.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 04:52 PM
Ed

Based on friends' comments we've always recommended the Villa Maria _or_ the Goldener Stern. We probably get more positive comments about the Villa Maria. <BR> <BR>www.twenj.com <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:29 AM
swandav

Topping for jbrown<BR><BR>s