Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Golden Tulip Hotel Auersperg in Salzburg...ever been?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2006, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good results on tripadvisor, approx $121 per night. Did a search on Fodors, no results. Can anyone comment on this hotel?
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 08:01 AM

We spent three nights at this hotel in May of 2003 or 2004. They were doing renovations so we got a really cheap rate. Our rate did not include breakfast.

The room (a twin for us) was quite nice. The only strange feature was a window in the wall from the bathroom to the bedroom that served no purpose and made bathing a tad awkward. I was travelling with my mother.

The hotel had a small business center with FREEE internet. We used it several times to email and check websites.

One of the main reasons that we selected this hotel was because it offered free parking. We flew to Zurich and rented a car. Getting to the hotel from the autobahn was sooo easy. The parking lot was safe. We parked the car and left it during our short stay in Salzburg. Getting from the hotel back to the autobahn was just as easy.

The hotel was just a short walk to the city center. The neighborhood was quiet. There was an atm and a bakery near the hotel as well as other shops.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again. We were in the annex and it was quite nice; however, the rest of the hotel was even nicer.

The only staff member that we interacted with at the hotel spoke flawless English. She was a tad formal but quite helpful.

Let me know if you need more info. BTW, we paid around 55 to 60 Euros for our room - but it was during the renovation.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 08:54 AM

I found a copy of my confirmation. It was May 2001 and our rate was $56.82 per night.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 09:11 AM

My finance and I stayed here in March of '05. We were really impressed by quality of the rooms. I would say it is about 3/4 of a mile to all the main sightseeing activities. It is nice because it is out of the touristy area, but close enough to get to in a 5-10 minute walk. We were on the 3rd floor which had a decent view depending on which side of the hotel you are on.

The hotel also also has a breakfast which is wonderful with a great variety of food. That was included in our room price (maybe we paid extra for it). Can't remember what we paid for a room. We were in the main building (I believe they have a seperate building across the road at a lower price).

The staff was really informative and helpful with letting us know where to go on the maps. There is a sauna on the top floor which we didn't utilize, but it looked really cool.

My sister and her husband stayed there 2 years ago (this is how we heard of it), and they also gave it high marks.

If you decide to book at the Golden Tulip, there is a great tavern right down the block with awesome food. Small joint which is family owned. We would stop in there every night for some food and a beer. Can't remember the name of it, but just look for the Goesser sign.

You'll love salzburg..I wish I was there right now.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 10:13 AM

We stayed there in 2001 (I think). It was very nice. Our room wasn't renovated (yet) but still was fine. The lobby had been redone and was beautiful in an understated way. Service was also good...esp. when they assisted us in finding a 24 hour pharmacy for our children who had raging fevers.