Reload this Page >

Golden Tulip Cayre Hotel in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 07:38 AM
John

I have found a great price for reservations at this hotel, which is a 4 star located at an unbeatable location on the edge of the 6th/7th. What I am interested in is information on the quality of this hotel from someone who has stayed there recently. <BR> <BR>Any help would be appreciated!!! <BR> <BR>John <BR> <BR>(I have already tried all the usual sites AND searched this list....Nothing current exists beyong the standard tourbook description.)

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:34 AM
Myriam

I was there in August 1998 (hope this is recently enough). Found the hotel to be very good, with - according French standards - spacious AC-rooms with bathroom and separate WC. We had a room with a "view" on the innercourt which we thought to be the least noisy. Indeed we had no noise at all from the street but we could hear word for word what our neightbours told eachother although the hotel advertises its "soundproof rooms". This was the only inconveniece and we solved it by using earplugs. <BR>Even the breakfast at Cayré was far above French standards and the location is superb.

Old May 21st, 2001, 10:22 AM
John

Thanks for the reply. <BR> <BR>I have heard that this hotel was recently renovated.....Do you know if this was prior to your visit, or has happened since? <BR> <BR>Thanks again, <BR>John

Old May 21st, 2001, 10:42 AM
Christina

I have read quite a few comments on this board about this hotel; they should be there if you search correctly, although sometimes the search doesn't work I think. I just did it and retrieved 12 posts on this specific hotel, many in last couple of years. I suggest you search on only one word if you weren't trying that (ie, Cayre).

Old May 21st, 2001, 10:50 AM
John

I did do a search on "cayre" and got the same posts. These consist of: <BR> <BR>-People saying "I've heard it's ok" <BR>-People saying "It looks good" <BR>-People who stayed there years ago <BR> <BR>I am looking for some more detailed/current information on this hotel than what is currently available. Thanks for the pointer though.

Old May 21st, 2001, 02:05 PM
Myriam

John, <BR>Don't know if we were there before or after renovations. The room they show on their website looks exactly like the one we had though. http://www.goldentulip-france.com/V4/hotelp2_2.htm

Old May 22nd, 2001, 07:07 AM
John H

I stayed at the Cayre for Thanksgiving weekend in 1999. I got a rate on the web of USD125, and found the hotel to be a great value at this rate. The room was large and modern, the hotel and staff pleasant and the buffet breakfast was a very good spread. The Rue de Bac metro stop is just outside the front door. <BR> <BR>This was 1.5 years ago, but I don't recall having any complaints. <BR> <BR>john

Old May 23rd, 2001, 04:07 AM
Fred

Here are a bunch of comments from people who stayed there: <BR>Cayre Hotel - Golden Tulip (3 star left bank)- <BR>clean, good location <BR>i love that hotel <BR>small but clean and neat <BR>the staff is very nice <BR>Rooms are big and Ugly <BR>remodeled a couple of years ago <BR>rooms have always been very suitable. <BR>Very clean <BR>The staff were friendly <BR>well-appointed, <BR>comfortable <BR>tiny elevator frequently out of order <BR>lots of steps <BR>For more Paris information e-mail me - [email protected]