Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Golden Start Apartments in Budapest anyone been there?

Sep 13th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

I have been reading some posts regarding this apartment. Can you please provide some input?
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM

I have no idea what the quality of the apartment is like; some of the posts I have read here and elsewhere are obviously spam.

I never deal with spammers.
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

I did read about this on Trip Advisor also but I'm not sure I know how reliable that site is.
Sep 13th, 2007, 04:03 PM

TripAdvisor is generally okay, but you have to bear in mind that they cannot control what people post there as reviews or in the forums.

There is no shortage of good apartments in Budapest.
Sep 16th, 2007, 09:29 AM

It is sometimes easy to spot the spanners as they just post one time and it's a review. Or, they post several times about the same place on different locations.

As on here, you can read the profile (click on the name) and determine if it is a spam or a *real* person that has posted about different things.

Maybe - it's a good idea to disregard the top two and the bottom two and the truth is probably in the middle!
Sep 16th, 2007, 10:48 AM

I went to Budapest in April, and was considering this apartment. However I was put off by all the recommendations by first time posters who had little else to contribute.

However, I would say the location is quite good if you want to be in a busy buzzing area, on a main shopping/restaurant/tourist street.

This is the apartment I stayed at after much consideration. There are also lots of reviews on homelidays.com even though I booked through this website directly with the owner Eliane.

http://www.perfectplaces.com/vacation-rentals/9495.htm

You get much more of a feel of the city in this residential area which still has trams stopping at the end of the square, and the metro a few minutes walk. There are some really good restaurants in this area too, and more off the beaten track than Vaci Utca.
Sep 16th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Julia and all who contributed their ideas! You provided me with the exact information I was looking for.