We would like to take the golden pass from Montreux to interlaken during July when it is crowded and hot. We would like to make sure we will sit where it is not hot, with air condition that works well or with a possibility to open windows.
I land in Geneva airport on 10:00 in the morning. I can see in SBB that from Geneva airport to Montreux there are trains in 11:24, 12:24 and 13:24.
There is regular train from Montreux on 12:44, GOLDEN PASS classic on 13:44 and GOLDEN PASS PANORAMIC on 14:44. I have 4-5 minutes to switch trains in Montreux. We are coming with a luggage and I understood that in first class no storage space for luggage and that windows are little smaller in second class. We will have swiss pass.
Is it reasonable to reserve places in second class for the panoramic train on 14:44 ?
We can decide according to the heat on that day and status of the air condition if to take the regular train on 12:44 or wait for the panoramic on 14:44?
Is there a real difference between second and first class? I would like to reserve for the second becuase of the jass festival so won't left standing the whole way (or wait for another train).
What's your opinion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Christmas Markets 2017
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Budget trip
- 5 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 6 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 7 Driving
- 8 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 9 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 10 Algarve Town Selection
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 paris to london- day trip
- 13 Browsing Barcelona
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 20 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Portugal
- 23 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help