Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Going to Paris, should I stay at the Westin or Intercontinental Le Grand?

Going to Paris, should I stay at the Westin or Intercontinental Le Grand?

Feb 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Going to Paris, should I stay at the Westin or Intercontinental Le Grand?

I am taking my mom to Paris later this year, (her first time) and have narrowed the hotel choice down to the Westin or the intercontinental. I am a fan of both hotel chains although my experience at Westin is hit or miss depending on location. I like the decor of the Intercontinental but the Westin seems a little more convenient with possibly better views. I am sure I can't go wrong at either hotel but looking for some advice. I want this to be a nice experience for my mother and the last time I went I was on a much tighter budget. My mom is in her 70's but active. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Feb 5th, 2012, 08:25 AM

I would choose Le Grand Hôtel Inter-Continental. More animated location and a possibly great view of the old opera.

I visited a friend staying at the Westin (the former Inter-Continental), and she had a good view of the Eiffel Tower across the Tuileries, but that means you are across from a giant area that is closed at night and devoid of all activity.

Search this Thread